Togo, a dog owned by Leonhard Seppala during The 1925 Serum Run to Nome. Seppala described Togo as a "Genius", a "Nautral born leader" who's "great speed and endurance" seemed boundless. Togo and Balto were not a part of the same team, as the total Serum Run consisted of more than a dozen sled dog teams.

Togo led 93 miles of the serum run from Nenana, Alaska, to Nome, Alaska. He was 12 years old at the start of the run, and lead the team over more miles than any other leader and team. Togo didn't receive much credit, because he didn't mush the serum into Nome, but is regarded by most Alaskans as the real hero. The serum being delivered was for a deadly child's illness called diptheria. After the serum run, Togo developed arthritis and was retired.

Togo lived as a stud in Maine and was put to sleep at the age of 16 by Seppala in 1929, who then had him mounted. His remains became apart of an exhibit of championship dogs at Yale University, but he was later returned to Alaska where he's on display at the Iditarod's Wasilla Headquarters. Shortly before his death, he recieved his recognition at Madison Square Garden in New York City in front of 20,000 spectators.

Sources:
www.alaska.com
Additional information provided by Chiisuta.