a Harry Potter character, who is apparently not a girl or a member of any kind of pureblood wizarding mafia family, but a "tall black boy with high cheekbones and long, slanting eyes." His mother, who's real name is not given, is a sort of wizarding world version of a black widow: she was "famously beautiful" and married seven different men who all died under mysterious circumstances and left her a lot of money. The text doesn't explicitly say that his mother killed them, though, so it's possible that she has some sort of ability to know when men are close to death or she simply married very old men. when he is introduced to us properly in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, he is being considered for membership in Professor Slughorn's "slug club." Pansy Parkinson also reveals that he's very picky about what kind of girls he likes. Ginny Weasley is his physical type, although as soon as this is pointed out he calls her a filthy blood traitor and says he wouldn't touch her. At the same time, we know that Blaise's family is probably not actively supporting Voldemort because Slughorn tends to distance himself from families who contain known death eaters and Blaise seems to have no reason to not do the same for his own purposes.

Blaise was mentioned in passing during the sorting in Harry's first year, and in the years between then and the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince there were all sorts of different fan versions of Blaise. All that was known about him then was that he was in Harry's year in Slytherin and the name Blaise Zabini, so there were both male and female Blaises in fanfictions and role-playing groups (Especially since there aren't many female Slytherins mentioned by name.) The name Blaise is assumed to be taken from the legendary wizard who taught Merlin, and most people heard the name Zabini and thought it was Italian, so there are a lot of mentions to Pansy and Draco and the other Slytherin brats spending summers in Blaise's family's villa or yes, sometimes to Blaise's family being related to some form of wizarding mafia, such as the epic unfinished Hermione/Snape relationship fanfiction "Pawn to Queen" by Riley, where a female Blaise related to a then pureblood Snape plays a large role.


Kizor pointed out to me that " Zabini seems to be considered much more of a male than the people whose gender has never been in doubt. In six minutes of searching I have been unable to find a single fic where Zabini gets pregnant. And yes, I just checked and that apparently includes Dumbledore. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to dunk my head in a tub of bleach." so there you go... when zabini's a guy, he's far too manly for mpreg, but a little crossdressing is no real problem.