After 2 weeks, we still do not know if the Extroverted Feeler is being sent home from Thailand early. For this. I have not heard a word from my local Rotary, so I do not think that they know. My son keeps saying that he thinks he's going to get sent home, but they keep having meetings and no word. I sent the letter I wrote for him and got a vague letter that they were annoyed at him, but that he is a very good student. And that there are rules.

If it was in the US, I would assume by now that he is not being sent home, and that they are stalling in order to scare the kids. Oh, I mean, let them feel the enormity of their mistake and that they are on probation. And if this is what they are doing, they are doing a fabulous job of it. I'm on tenterhooks too. But it is Thailand and I don't know enough about the culture to be able to guess. As we pass the two week point, I am leaning more towards that they aren't sending him home. I think he was looking forward to coming home. It has been a rough time for him.

I've been working at a military hospital as a temp doctor for two weeks. I am getting used to the commute. So far I have been doing on-line and live orientation classes. It is useful since I will be employing people and I have to have an employee manual and think about computer security and HIPAA rules and protection of Personal Identifying Information and yada, yada. Bleagh. I am still pleased about my own clinic.

I've got my first snafu. Turns out my X never signed off on the cash settlement for his half of the equity of the house. So there is a formidable lien. Luckily we are on good terms and he is working on it. Once that's fixed, I'll have my line of credit. Yee-ha. I've already signed the lease and the building fix is underway. I was delighted to get the loan approved on December 23. I thought, "Hoorah, the bank thinks my business plan will work!" Then I thought, "but 9 out of 10 small businesses fail, so who the hell trusts banks!"

I got my first paycheck too, the temp company is paying me monthly. First pay since the severance check on May 12. Not a bit too soon, I was running on fumes.