There are several expansions for EverQuest (more commonly know as EQ or EverCrack)that have not been previously mentioned.. they are as follows:



    The Ruins of Kunark, The Scars of Velious, The Shadows of Luclin, The Planes of Power, and The Legacy of Ykesha

Each expansion brings new zones to the game. Also, several races and classes have been added with these expansions. The Ruins of Kunark allows you to play an Iksar, which is the race of the lizard. The Shadows of Luclin expansion permits you to become a Vah Shir, the race of the cat. You also get the class beastlord with Luclin. The Legacy of Ykesha allows you to play the Froglok, the first race to be able to be both a cleric and a shaman!


The Iksar race is the race of the lizard people. They are considered Kill on Sight (KoS) in every town but their own. Iksars start out with a swimming skill of Master. They have their own city, Cabilis, which comes with banks, trainers, venders, and more! There is the ever popular debate of which is the better monk, human or Iksar? Iksars come with a naturally higher regeneration rate and armour class than humans. Eh, decide for yourself. /shrug


Vah Shir is the race of the cat. Their homeland is the moon, called Luclin. Vah Shir are naturally more agile than say, a troll or ogre. They start near an excellent newbie hunting area where you can stay for many levels. The Vah Shir also have their own city, Shar Vahl. Vah Shir are not as hated on the other continents, but are still KoS to ogres and trolls and other dark alliances.


The Froglok, quite possibly the most anticipated race of any expansion, is sadly a disappointment. Naturally, you start out with a Master swimming skill. This is the first race to be a cleric and a shaman. Their starting city is now the city of Grobb, previously the trolls' home. Frogloks can be a cleric, shaman, wizard, warrior, and paladin. Side note - armour and froglok graphics are not as 1337 as say the dwarf roll or the wood elf armour.

People say that Evercrack is bad for your real life.. oh but it is quite the contrary! My entire family plays the game. Now I must admit, I surpass them in just about every way, but I keep a character or two low level to play with them at times. It's quite a fun thing to do on Sundays!