Monday: Was awesome. I hadn't seen my NP in a while. During my appointment, I started crying. She put her arms across my shoulders, gave me a hug, and told me that we would get to the bottom of whatever it was that I have right now.  The woman who drew my blood was very kind. I ended up being very late to pick up the girls because a test I had to take required drinking a sweet solution, waiting, and then breathing into a bag. That test is for intestinal bacteria in case I have some sort of infection that might explain my symptoms. I left with a renewed sense of hope, and more optimism than I've had about my physical health and well being in quite some time.

Tuesday: Was awesome. I love my new therapist. She's an older woman with two poodles that kept us company while we talked. I was upset because I had forgotten my intake paperwork at home, but the receptionist, who has known me for years gave me the essentials to fill out while I waited. My therapist recently returned from a nutrition conference in Minnesota. She was very excited to hear that I have been gluten free for years, and eat mostly whole organic foods. She told me I am doing some of the best things I can for my mental wellness, and has some suggestions to help me cope with the loneliness, depression, and alienation at home. She encouraged me to keep feeding the girls the way that I am, and told me I should write a cookbook after I showed her some pictures of meals I had prepared.

My Twitter friends were so encouraging when I told them about my therapist. A while ago, some friends of mine said we should get together. We talked about a hypothetical trip, and it might never happen, but it might, and these people reminded me that I have people who love and care about me which is one of the most healing and therapeutic things a woman like me can have. I told them I wanted to open a restaurant, and  friend of mine retweeted it so now I have to according to him. I love meeting people with interesting new ideas, who share bits and pieces of their lives with me, and I love how 140 characters can build incredibly strong relationships with people I've never met.

My haircut is not awesome, but we had to undo damage from the last cut I had, so it's a growing out process again. My hairdresser said she thinks it will grow out well, I have another cut scheduled in eight weeks, and I'm hoping that by summer, my hair will be the length and style I want, without the streaks of color I used to have. She's been cutting my hair since before either of us had children. She has four, I have two plus my step-daughter, and I love that I can be myself, sit in her kitchen, and relax while we work through our individual issues. She has two pot smoking renters with small children living upstairs from her. She and her husband had to serve them an eviction notice, and she's hoping that won't create problems further down the line.

Dave Ramsey: was awesome last night. I used to sell insurance, I know, it's not a bright spot in my past, but I was young, and believed that I could change people's lives for the better with tools like budgeting, and refinancing. I didn't last because I wanted to help people save money. Had I stayed in finance, I probably would have more money than I do now, but compromising what I believed was best for my clients wouldn't have helped me sleep well at night. I met some neat people, and I'm glad that they had me to talk them out of what I was selling because most of them couldn't afford what I was shilling. If you think finance or nutrition are complicated, they can be, but they don't have to be. Learn the basics, and don't be afraid to do your own research while following experts who are independently wealthy, and have learned from their mistakes.

Today: Was not exactly awesome, but I'm proud of the way I handled several situations. I'm still nervous about meeting with my daughter's therapist tomorrow, but much less so after meeting my therapist this past Tuesday. She helped me see that my parents are the way that they are, and they aren't going to apologize for being abusive. They're stuck in their ways, and content with the bitter and infrequent times they see their children. I want something better, so even though it's extremely painful for me to admit that I haven't been the parent I should have been, or wanted to be, there is power in admitting failure, and strength in opening yourself up to new options.

I rent parenting CD's at the reasonable cost of $2/week, and those things have helped me so much. I'm still trying to internalize what I'm hearing, but I believe that my listening skills have improved, and I have a much better relationship with my oldest, although there are still times when we talk past each other. The girls are learning about the consequences of their behavior. They were mad at me, so they locked me out of the house. I didn't knock or ring the doorbell, instead I went to the bank, and stopped at the local grocery store I patronize. I met a fascinating woman there who shared her journey with celiac disease, and I might complain about things I've been through, but I haven't been diagnozed as schizophrenic, having MS, or admitted to a psychiatric facility, nor have I ever had any seizures.

We had a long talk, and when I got home, my daughter apologized for locking me out of the house. I could have gotten in through the garage, but I smiled at her, told her I wasn't upset, and I had a wonderful time sharing nutrition information with my new friend. When my daughter wanted a snack, I reminded her that I threw two breakfasts away this morning. She started crying when she told me that she hadn't had any supper. I told her that I was so sorry, and I had wanted to make spaghetti, but since I couldn't get into the house, I wasn't able to give her a hot meal. There's plenty of food in my house, I saw the jelly jar out on the counter, but I think that hearing that her actions prevented her from getting supper was a lesson she needed to learn.

The polish from my manicure started chipping off, I removed it, and now I'm left with nails that don't seem like my own. My NP told me that I looked much better than I have in the past. My coloring is good, I seemed more bubbly according to her, and my tongue had improved since my last visit. She's running some tests to see how much I'm absorbing from what I eat, and I'm praying so hard that I'll get some answers when I return to her in two weeks. I like my job, I just cashed my first paycheck, dealing with these health, parenting, fitness, money, and wellness issues are not easy, but I'm learning, I'm growing, and I'm doing something about my problems instead of just ignoring them. Would love to write more, but need to get to bed.

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day

jess