In response to all those bold anti-killing-people writeups. I agree with you 100% that murder is bad and should continue to be illegal. There is a tradeoff between freedom and security. If we're serious about safety, we shouldn't stop at guns. Let's ban every single dangerous or potentially dangerous object. If the public is divided over whether something is dangerous or not, let's regulate it into oblivion just to be on the safe side.

Pity we have that pesky Constitutional Ammendment designed as an ultimate safety valve against The Man taking too much control. Along with a bunch of other inconvenient ammendments and clauses. Why does that Constitution thingie insist on being outside our comfort zone? We're a mature Nation now, can't we put all that revolutionary silliness of our history behind us and get with the program?

"An armed republic submits less easily to the rule of one of its citizens than a republic armed by foreign forces. Rome and Sparta were for many centuries well armed and free. The Swiss are well armed and enjoy great freedom. Among other evils caused by being disarmed, it renders you contemptible. It is not reasonable to suppose that one who is armed will obey willingly one who is unarmed; or that any unarmed man will remain safe among armed servants."

-- Machiavelli, "The Prince" (1532)

Brought to you by f1r3br4nd-- a corporation hating, pro-choice, gender role questioning, Linux using, long haired, vegetarian, atheist, transhumanist, ARMED AND DANGEROUS geek... because we need good people to shoot back at the right-wing kooks when the revolution comes.