Ten minutes!

(It was her Mom, shouting, even though she was just downstairs)

I know, said Sara,  packing her bag.  Repacking actually, for the third time.   One big backpack for four nights, not that hard.

But she wanted to make sure she had some extra shirts and a blanket and well, ya know, stuff.    

Sara probably would have skipped drama camp this year,  but Amy was going, and she was her Bestie.  And Amy's mom was going to drive them to the college, which was cool because  A.   Her mom was cool and would stop and buy them coffee, and B  because it meant her mom was not driving them.

They're here!   

Her mom, shouting, not realizing that she was on the bottom step, covering her ears.

A quick hug and Sara was out the door out to the driveway,   Amy had her dark shades on and her headphones in.   Half a wave told her she was, in fact, awake.

Hey Sara, break a leg! 

Her mom, once more, yelling,  then covering her mouth, embarrased- obviously.

Sara looked down at her new prothesis and just shook her head.   

Yeah, she thought,  I'll do that.   Still, she waved goodbye and climbed in the car.  

Amy's Mom, who is so cool,  didn't say anything for a minute, then glanced at her in the rearview mirror.

Awkward,  right ?  They both laughed.