The Spot is a Marvel Comics character. He's really one of the more pathetic villains from the House of Ideas. He first appeared in Spectacular Spider-Man #98.

Dr. Jonathan Ohn worked for the Kingpin as a research scientist. The Kingpin's current number one assassin, a guy known as the Answer, was way too powerful, so the Kingpin went looking for new help. The good Doctor Ohn decided that he would create a new assassin for the Kingpin with the powers of Cloak. It didn't quite work. Rather than create one interdimensional portal which he could control, he made a whole bunch of 'spots' which worked as portals through space. He then affixed these to a white suit, so it looked like it was covered in giant black polka dots, or spots, if you will. Hence the name. (You'd think someone with a Ph.D. could do better than that.)

After this brilliant maneuver, he decided to go off and fight Spider-Man, seeing as how he worked for the Kingpin and the Kingpin wanted Spidey dead. Of course, having no super-strength or any such thing, he was a really ridiculous villain. The first time he fought Spidey and the Black Cat, they didn't really beat him because they were too busy laughing at him. The next time they met, the Spot was trounced. He gave up villainy, and other than belonging to the short-lived Legion of Losers (and an episode of the mediocre Spider-Man animated series), he hasn't been seen around since.*

*Well, he was killed by Tombstone in an issue of Tangled Web of Spider-Man, but it was done in a careless manner, and will probably be ignored should any writer ever want to bring him back.