I studied in the Cybernetics department of Reading University and I can tell you that Dr. Warwick is a really nice guy.

He's a little sex obsessed; innuendo is his favourite form of lecture theatre humour and listening to him talk off the record you'd think that the entire purpose of the second implant (the one that can read his nerve signals) was to explore the sexual issues.

He is a fervent believer in machine conciousness and would even go so far as to say that the department's crappy little reactive robots, the so called seven dwarves, are concious to some degree. This has lead to his beliefs being re-categorised as panpsychism. That is to say he sees conciousness in a glass of water.

The first implant, just for your infomation, could not be used for the things it was famous for. There was no way to track Kevin around the department let alone the campus using a tiny implant with a range of 20 cm. All those T.V. appearences where he is 'greeted' by the building were triggered by a card in his pocket; the same type of card that is carried by all cybernetics professors.

He is also famous for taking all the media attention for the department, regardless of who actually deserved the attention. This is not necessarily a bad thing for the shy, retiring academics but it does make Kevin a media whore.