The wee one gets home sometime today. This is just a chronicle sent by the director of the National Young Leadership Council of her day three on the road.

Dear Parent,

Today Anna investigated Washington D.C.'s rich history of leadership in a series of site explorations of some of the capital's most important sites. After a walking exploration of the seat of our country's legislative branch, Capitol Hill, Anna explored the Korean War Veteran’s Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial and Lincoln Memorial and stopped for a photo opportunity at the White House. The scholars also visited the National Portrait Gallery, which houses nearly 20,000 works of art featuring men and women who have made significant contributions to the history, development and culture of the United States.

At each of these sites, Anna learned how leaders use their voices to take a stand and make a difference. In the evening, she worked with her LFG members to create a social organization to serve as their own "voice of change" for a special topic that impacts local communities. This final project tasked her with using the new leadership skills she has developed at JrNYLC this week. Be sure to check in with Anna to hear about her LFG's project!

That last line sounds a bit prophetic. I’m going to try and coax her into writing about her trip in her own words…

Later