Well, I, for one, thought that last night was hilarious. Many of you may not give a whit, but hey; you're welcome to your opinion. I think the reason so many people are offended is because they fell for it. Plain and simple. I mean, come on. There are already a few writeups in this node that express something akin to moral outrage, and have stated that, after last nights debauchery, they will have a snide retort for the gods/editors when we're told to act responsibly.

Can anyone say: "out of proportion?" Come on..say it..I know you can.

I understand that everything2 is a community, and, as it is populated by the online personas of humans, it exhibits some of the flaws of humanity. Because of that, we try and instill some sense of morals -- the proper way of going about life on e2. That's good. That's important. We need standards. But to say that the gods and editors have lost our faith because they pulled an April Fool's joke is crazy.

Think about it.

Would the gods just sit there while evil haxors invaded our site. Would dannye just sit there, complacently, while utter chaos reigned? If anything, I could see how someone might be upset because they wanted to get some noding done. I know I did, but I also think that a night without noding is not the end of the world. Especially if it's a result of a prank. The fact that we're a community means that we also have fun together. Personally, I think it's important that the gods and editors involved have stated that it was a joke. I don't think they really needed to apologize, but hey; it can't hurt.

I'm not going to think less of Evil Catullus or Rancid Pickle because they played a prank. To tell you the truth, I wasn't sure what was going on last night. Either way, it was funny. If it was a joke, then all would be well in the morning. If it wasn't, all would still be well. Fine. The editors have to nuke a bunch of users and writeups. Wow. Not the end of the world. If you just sat back and read the catbox comments, instead of running around like a chicken with its head cut off, you'd have enjoyed yourself a lot more.

If you're mad that DMan and Stile were made to seem responsible, well, I don't know what to say. It sounds like you want to be mad, and you're just going to be mad no matter what. It was a prank; you fell for it. Get on with life. To avoid this problem in the future, the gods and editors may now blame everything on me. I don't mind, and I even preemptively forgive them. Now there's nothing to bitch about, and we can all have a good laugh, and get on with life. We need some laughs. Especially the ones that pulled the prank. I'm sure it was fun as heck for you guys, and I can see why.

Kudos.

P.S.: I can laugh at myself, and I think you all should too. I'm glad we're having an Oprah style, "get in touch with your feeling after the incident" conversation in this node. That's important, because we all have to focus our energy, and stop being passive acceptors. I learned that in group last week, so there :P