While each EU country has a unique design for its Euro coins, Euro banknotes ("bills") are identical across Europe.
Each Euro banknote varies in size depending on its demonination. The larger the bill, the larger the size. This system has obvious advantages for blind (or otherwise visually impaired), intoxicated, or rushed cash handlers. It also makes literal the phrase "large bills", which in the United States (and many other countries) refers only to the largeness of the banknote's monetary value.
Below are the dimensions of all seven denominations of Euro banknotes currently in circulation:
- 5€ banknote: 120 mm x 62 mm
- 10€ banknote: 127 mm x 67 mm
- 20€ banknote: 133 mm x 72 mm
- 50€ banknote: 140 mm x 77 mm
- 100€ banknote: 147 mm x 82 mm
- 200€ banknote: 153 mm x 82 mm
- 500€ banknote: 160 mm x 82 mm