In regards to hypertext terminology, A node is a unit of information. Sometimes this can also be refered to as a (Hyper or Note) Card, or frame. However it's largely terminology used by people directly involved in hypertext creation and utilization. The common user would more likely refer to it as a document or textfile, though that's not always the case. The word Node is occasionally used to mean network host but this is misleading and improper. Consequently, an anchor is an area inside a given node which equates to the destination of a given link from some other node. Technically, you click on an anchor, which takes you through the link, to get to the node that the anchor was linked to. We say "click on the link" but that's technically misleading. What we see highlighted inside a particular node is actually an anchor which uses the link to get us to the anchored node. If I lost you with all of that, just ignore the whole anchor thing and think of everything as links and nodes. Everybody else does anyway. Why split hairs?

In regards to human physiology, lymph nodes are another term for the glands of the lymphatic system in the body. They are small organs shaped like beans which contain thousands of leukocytes embedded in the tissue. The bloodstream passes through these lymph nodes which filter out toxins from the body. These nodes also produce phagocytes which assist the body's immune system. During infection of a humanoid system, more phagocytes are produced from these nodes, causing them to swell, causing inflamation and sometimes painful discomfort. These can most noticably be detected by physicians in the armpit, on the neck, or near the groin. Sometimes malignancies caused by cancer can reach the lymphatic system, and travel through the body at a disasterous rate.