14:33

I know, I know, I should be up like a morning bird. I slept too long again.

Reason this time? Well, I got to sleep around three, but someone very near had decided that it's Cool to drill holes to their own walls. At 8:30 or something. So, understandably, I couldn't sleep too well this morning.

Uh, I'm supposed to see the world a bit today. Pay bills and stuff.

Time to face the Challenging Challenges of the day...

17:18

Read some stuff from Slashdot.

Someone had a valid point about software design.

Some fool slapped it +1, Funny.

=(

20:56

Spent last hour doing something "interesting"...

Back when I was in junior high school, once during computer classes my keyboard stopped working.

Since I was at the state of knowledge in which I was teaching the teacher and not the other way, the teacher told me to fix the keyboard myself. Well, I opened it up, cleaned it, and learned a valuable skill that I needed today.

That was a Nokia 286. When I opened the keyboard, I just needed to open up the thing and clean stuff from under and between the keys.

This is a Fujitsu/Siemens "multimedia" keyboard. The notable difference? This doesn't have actual button switches under the keys - it just has a rubber pad (that acts as "button" shafts), under which is a three-layer plastic film with connector lines (apparently the film gets pressed and two connector lines get in contact). Coffee went in the keyboard leaked down, splattered around, and got between the layers of the connector film.

I guess this keyboard is cheaper to build, but it was pain to maintain. I was already thinking I should go to a computer store tomorrow and buy a new keyboard... but for some miraculous reason, I managed to clean the thing up. And I'm not a hardware person, so it's triply miraculous.

It now has couple of meters of painter tape inside it (I never knew I would need to fix computer hardware with tape...) and I have one screw here that doesn't know its place (I swear all screws were in place!!!)

(Kernel warning message: "AT keyboard not present?" or somesuch. Whee. It's an AT-compatible keyboard. Old references. =)

01:04

Ah well, seems like it's a nodeless day. And tomorrow isn't looking good either. But at least I did couple of node updates (not all even listed below, I guess...)


Other day logs o' mine...

Updated: T$R Nazi Live Action TOON