Elmyra has had an odd career, being both a supporting character on Tiny Tunes and Animaniacs, and later a title character on Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain.

Elmyra's first continual pet was Furrball (the worrisome Tiny Toons equivalent of Sylvester who also had a few shorts to himself). She eventually gained a dog while on Animanics. The dog looked like an overgrown Shih Tzu, with no legs and just a nose, who made little muffled woofing noises at things. And of course for some reason the scientists at Acme Labs needed some cash, so they sold her Pinky and The Brain.

While on Tiny Toons she spent her time chasing anything that was cute and adorable, then caging it, and subjecting it to the most heinous cuddly torture ever conceived by man.

When she moved to Animaniacs, her character at first was only there to introduce the Skullhead Bonyhands shorts, by pulling the skull hair barrette out of her hair, and singing, ”It's the Mr Skullhead Show, Starring him: Mr Skullhead, 'Cause it's his show that he has, Mr Skullhead!” in that odd gooey voice of hers. Later she got to become a regular and chase The Warners around, and had a few shorts.

Near the end of Animaniacs, she received two whole episodes for her antics. They featured her entire family and much less in the way of pets. Her father, Mac (Matt Frewer), was an inventor, and mother, Emily (Tress MacNeille), was a realtor. There was the obligatory, angry at the world, punk teenaged sister, Amanda (Soleil Moon Frye), the younger brother, Duncan (Whitby Hertford), who thought that he was a super hero, the baby brother, who let out an earth shattering wail whenever he lost his pacifier, and a grandmother (Fran Ryan). They also had a maid with super human strength for some reason that wasn’t explained, also voiced by MacNeille. The episodes was fun, even though they didn’t really have the room to get a full spin-off.

And then there was Pinky and The Brain and Elmyra. I don’t know why this show was made. I thought Pinky and The Brain was perfect how it was, but it was interesting that The Brain had found a sidekick stupider than Pinky, albeit not as entertaining.