Today was the second interview with CHUM Radio, and they tag teamed me again.

The first time, it was in a small office, in a cozy little environment with the HR people for new media, and the head of the webstuff... Joking around, asking questions, playing with computers. This time, it was in the two-dozen-person boardroom, with a projector so that I might walk the personnel manager through my websites, and the creative process employed in their creation, as well as the application of usability techniques.

It was rough, but I think I made it.

They want me to do twenty banner ads over the next week from home, on twenty different music genres they’ve provided me with. Not products, or websites, but music genres. Interesting hiring process.

This work is paid, and if they like what they see at the end of a week, or however long it takes me to finish the project... Then all is well, and I imagine I will be gainfully employed.

...

Richard just got confirmation of his job at Nortel, but it doesn’t start until the new year. He is unimpressed.

He thinks that we’re like red superman, and blue superman. We’re both leet, and empowered with all kinds of mega-abilities, but we can’t both use them at the same time. If job things are going well for me, they’re going poorly for him. When my love life kicks in, his goes dry. When he’s on a killer design streak, I can’t even make boxes in photoshop.

We even have pairs of glasses we can use to hide our identities in public. No-one seems to notice me behind geekboi rims.

...

Soon, I will know what’s going on. Soon.