Ah, Calgary. A place of fresh air (except when oil recycling plants explode), beautiful girls, and oil companies.

I'm going to contest with the previous writeups, and say that Calgary is definitely not flat, being situated in the foothills of the Canadian rocky mountians. Calgary has a large park in the northwest quandrant, Nosehill park, from which you can see to nearly the southern edge of the city, and to all other sides. Nosehill is home to lots of grass, trees, shrubs, and it even has a babbling brook or two! It's also a great place to sit and watch the airplanes land at Calgary International Airport, which is a spectacular view at night. Calgary is build near the intersection of two rivers, the Bow River and the Elbow River.

From Calgary, you have great access to multitudes of climbing, hiking, backpacking, climbing, mountianeering, fishing, skiing, snowboarding and golf opportunities. Kananaskis Country is close by, as is Banff and Lake Lousie.

As for being the coldest place on earth, I wish it was, because I'm sweating to death. Calgary is a temperate city, being neither hot nor cold most of the time. Winters in Calgary aren't as cold and snowy as they are in Winnipeg, and the summers aren't as hot as they are in say Texas. Calgary weather changes famously fast, sometimes going from bright and sunny to a downpour in a matter of minutes. Calgary is unique in that it receives Chinooks, one of only a few places in the world that receive this unique type of windstorm.

Calgary is home to the University of Calgary, the Glenbow Museum, and the Saddledome, among other things. Calgary was the host city for the 1988 Winter Olympic games, which was one of the most successful ever. Calgary also made a failed bid for the 2000 World's Fair.