I find it very interesting to compare Ragnarok to Christianity. There aren't many direct parallels, but some of it works. Odin can partially represent the wise and just Christ before the crucifixion who gives everything he can to gain wisdom he can share with his people. Balder can be seen as Christ after the resurrection. He loves and is loved, as well as being one of the few major gods to come out of Ragnarok alive and raised from the dead. Balder's brother Hodur can be seen as a representation of the human race or Judas Escariot. He unwittingly kills Balder, yet in the end, at Ragnarok, is forgiven and rises with Balder.

The Christian/Jewish creation story can also be compared to stories of the most recent Ragnarok in the cycle. After Ragnarok, a man and a woman emerge from a forest to start the race of man. There are only a few gods left, and they can all represent someone: Balder as Christ, Hodur as humanity, Hoenir as the creator (having participated along with Odin and Loki in the original creation), and the minor gods that survived Ragnarok as archangels or possibly leaders of other religions. Besides, Ragnarok is supposed to have already happened.

Ragnarok also has similarities to the account of the Rapture in the bible, but I know a lot less about that. The world is destroyed with fire by a beast (Surtr, king of the fire giants, in the Norse account). The world becomes a place of peace and goodness afterward. There is even a place to eternally punish evildoers (hell, obviously). There are also places to reward the good, but good in the Norseman's view of people is quite a different story from ours.

Just a side note: this was written at 2:00 A.M and may not reflect my waking opinions.