Unbeknownst to most, the JCMB is actually only the top floors of a massive underground labyrinth. The best way to survive this maze is to wait around for an older student or staff member; they're usually going somewhere, and it's bound to be better than the god-forsaken corridor you are in now. Sooner or later in your student life, however, you will find yourself in a dusty, dim and dauntingly desolate corridor from which there is no escape. You have now entered The Lower Levels.

Here, half-blind, shrunken old men scoot around, bent double over piles of arcane scrolls. They run in and out of mysterious rooms, from which strange glowing lights and humming noises emanate. The occasional lost student can be heard running around screaming, gone mad with the effort of trying to find the exits. You may be lucky enough to escape from this place, though I wouldn't count on it. Half the time you will simply end up descending deeper and deeper into the bowels of the Earth.

In here, dwarf miners search for veins of gold. Feasting halls tremble with the sound of a thousand drunken dwarves singing in what could tenuously be described as 'harmony'. Mine carts roll by, their contents tinged with yellow. Your hopes of escape are now slim... perhaps you should just give up and join the feast...

But you will know you are doomed when, forsaking the dwarves, you wander further into the maze, and the lights start to glow huantingly red instead of flourescent white. When the walls take on the texture of black granite. When the sounds of merrymaking are replaced by the distant sounds of roars, growls and the occasional scream... now all is lost.