Today I saw one of my friends for the second time ever.

We met during my stay of six months in Albany, Western Australia. We exchanged addresses, we became penpals, we wrote to each other. At the end of the 6 months, I moved back to Perth and continued writing letters and receiving them. Two weeks ago, approximately two years after we first met, he wrote and said he would be up at Perth for the long weekend due to his Aunty getting engaged. We made plans to meet, and then we met.
Today I saw one of my friends for the second time ever.

It was a rather weird feeling, seeing this person who had become familiar to me through written words. I knew so much about him, yet had only seen him in the flesh once. We had never spoken on the phone. I knew him only through words. He was a collection of experiences written down for me to read, ideas expressed in ink, creativity through penmanship. His face was not unfamiliar to me. I don't know why, since it was the second time ever I had seen it. A familiar being, one who I fell into easy conversation with. Why? I don't know. I knew him, but not conventionally, not in the way one usually knows their friends. Paper and pen, he is my friend.

Today I saw one of my friends for the second time ever.

I wonder when I will see him again?