But how's the grilled cheese? A GCP reunion and nodermeet in St. Louis,

AKA How do I till my field? You're going to need a hoe.

AKA If I knew you were coming, I'd have brought my beaver.


I seem to have a way of always being the first person to show up to nodermeets. So this time, I decided I wasn't going to leave until late so I could make sure some other people got there before I did.

I got into St. Louis around nine and had some trouble finding Passport's apartment. Well, I found the complex, but I couldn't figure out which building I should go into. So after walking around, guitar in hand, for a few moments, I finally looked up at one window that was almost completely blacked out....This must be the place.

Passport, Apatrix, SciPhi and eien_meru were chilling out on Passport's awesome grandma-style-retro couch. They had been expecting the Outies caravan to arrive before me until they got a call that Wiccanpiper and the gang were running a late thanks to bus mishap with Izubachi.

Laggedyanne, another St. Louisian, got there shortly after I did, and then the grilled cheese cooking began. Sciphi and Eien_meru had gone shopping earlier for the yum yums and even though Sciphi wanted to pick up some mayonnaise (are you serious?!?!) for the GC's, Eien talked him out of it. We did, however, enjoy pickles and tomatoes on our GC. The Outies caravan arrived right after the first sandwich was served to Apatrix.

The usual suspects, Wiccanpiper, Briarcub, and Izubachi piled into the room, along with an unfamiliar face, Choatic_Poet. Everyone got their share of grilled cheese and then the usual noder drinking began.

Turns were taken playing Mario Kart on Liquid Rubber's (who got their right after the outies caravan) gamecube while drinking and talking.

Liquid Rubber, Wiccanpiper and Briarcub disappeared into room 2 for a while for pipe smoking, but once Briarcub found Passport's awesome arcade system, (like every arcade game you could ever think of!) he and SciPhi went to work challenging each other for quite sometime.

I settled down in the corner with my guitar and got into the conversation. Somehow, I don't know how, we ended up writing a song about Helen Keller (lyrics below). Laggedyanne, Izubachi, Chaotic_Poet and Eien_Meru decided this is now the St. Louis nodermeet theme song. The usual talk was had-- who is doing what on E2, how funny/sad/good/bad nodes are.

Around three a.m. the front room people all quieted down. Sciphi was the first to sleep pass out, while Passport was making up a cure-all for the hang overs everyone was going to have the next day. Eien, perhaps the drunkest of all, was coached into eating some bread. Mmmm bread, he said, and I think he meant it. Laggedyanne headed for home and the rest of us all headed to bed as well.

Saturday morning saw Choatic_Poet up first and the return of Laggedyanne, who volunteered to cook breakfast for everyone. She made us some delicious scrambled eggs, with peppers and other veggies for those who wanted them.

Saturday afternoon the boys all disappeared into the back for a game of D&D, except Wiccanpiper, who stayed in the front room with Laggadyanne and I. The three of us decided a nice nap was in order so we all took one.

Sometime after somebody led someone else down in a cave and SciPhi dropped the rope, the D&D players came back out into the open and started in on the arcade games.

Artman2003, his wife, and his adorable son showed up right before the noders were all getting ready to go out to eat.

Unfortunately, Apatrix had to get back home to Gwenllian (who chose to go to Kentucky stay home and rest instead of coming to see us!) and I had to go to work, so we both had to leave before supper. Therefore ending my version of the nodermeet.

On the way home, I took I-64 in the pouring down rain and found a lady who had blown out a tire on the highway and helped her fix it. That may be the only non-devious thing I did this weekend.
Helen Keller
Helen Keller......
Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh
Meh Meh Meh Mmmmm Meh
(sign language) You make baby Jesus cry
Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh