There is a small mailbox here.

>open mailbox

Opening the mailbox reveals 2 open invitations!

>read invitations

For the 24 noders who responded "I've never used Perl, but would like to learn it" on the recent poll:

EDEV WANTS YOU

JOIN EDEV

How's that for subliminal propaganda? *grin*

Actually, it's 23 noders, since that was the option that I chose too. I know very little Perl myself. I joined edev a few weeks ago.

Scared to knock on the doors of the dojo? I was. But dann and kthejoker both assured me:

  1. Edev is not an exclusive group. Any noder (I repeat: *any* noder) is welcome to join edev, even if he or she just stumbled on to the site yesterday and has no coding experience whatever.
  2. Edevites can't break anything. Seriously. They can view code, create edev documents, and submit patches. There's no button anywhere in the Everything Developer nodelet that will make the site go kablooey, so don't worry about it.
  3. Edev is not hostile to noobs. It *is* likely that your ideas won't get very far unless you throw out some actual code. I can assure you, though, that there is at the very least one person in there who wants to hear your radical ideas.

So whaddaya waiting for?


For any noders in the U.S. (or America Jr.) who live, roughly, somewhere between Puget Sound and Lake Huron:

WHERE YOU AT YO

I WANNA BUY YOU A MUG OF {INSERT_BEVERAGE}

About a month from now, on Monday May 7th thru May 14th, I'll be traveling from Bellingham, WA on another cross-country roadtrip, this time heading due east. I'm driving back to Michigan to spend the summer in my hometown.

Along the way I'll be passing through such unlikely nodermeet locales as Omak, WA, Moscow, ID, Butte, MT, and Fargo, ND. But I could be easily persuaded to swing to the north or south, even hundreds of miles off the boring bee-line route, if it meant getting a chance to meet somebody and break up the monotony of the road.

I'm open to suggestions, basically.

If I get some interest, I'll post a proper nodermeet w/u about it and we'll do this thing right.


You have gained 6 points! (The invitations turn to dust.)

>examine mailbox

The mailbox is empty now. You get very lonely.

>exit n