Oh god.
I open this up, and the first thing I see is a link to a node about Trogdor the Burninator.

**shudder**

I wonder... if I leave my laptop on my pillow for long enough, will my pillow set on fire? If it wasn't such an expensive laptop that didn't quite belong to me, I might be tempted to try.
Well.. being already tempted.. maybe I would just go ahead and do something dumb.

"I don't like her.. she kicked me in the face!"

My thoughts are all over the place tonight. This morning. Whatever. Doesn't matter. Time is an illusion.
My pillow is very hot.
I put something under my computer in hopes of stopping the heat from leaking through. It's the cover of an old vinyl binder that I took apart after the binder rings broke.
I hate when they break. It's annoying.

Especially after you play soccer with your binder.

Five-Stars do last a long time. Mine's going on five years.
The cover, that is.
The nice plastic-coated-in-fabric cover.
The interior I've had to replace every semester, I believe.

Ughhhh. Hhhhhhh. Hhhhhh.
Hahahahaha.
That's such a funny sound. Hhhhhh.

I've come to decide that it's time I installed a kitty flap in my bedroom door. Cats are never satisfied unless they can go in and out, in and out, in and out of rooms as they please. As soon as you close a door, they want in that room.
Right away.
No consideration, no patience, just "LET ME IN NOW." No reasons.
Weird cat. Don't look at me like that.
Oh. She's purring. And kneading my foot. I like you kitty but you're very strange.

Two o'clock is a funny time. Anything can happen, you know. Because you're in that state of not-quite-awake-not-quite-asleep... if an alien crashes through your bedroom wall, you're not going to do much other than say, "Oh," and hope they don't steal your cookies.

Aliens stole my damn almond cookies. There were none in the A&P last night when we went scavenging for munchies.
My mom rules.

so anyway, here I am, sitting on my bed, when this weird green light starts coming through the window. I am minding my own business and talking to my blanket when this person pushes rudely though my window. It's a very long person, and it takes a few minutes for him to get in. And you know, he didn't even bother to say hello, just poked me with a colourful spear and demanded to know if I had any banana fuel in stock.
Well, of course I say no, because I am flustered at being poked with a spear in the middle of a very interesting conversation about entropy with my faux-fur blanket.
It's really very rude, interrupting like that. I tell him so, and he starts to cry. Apparently no one baked him any brownies before he left for school, and now that he's out of fuel he doesn't know what to do.
So, away we go to the kitchen, where we immediately begin whipping up some banana fuel for the poor youngster. While we're stirring the pot with a wooden spoon, my cat jumps up on the counter and steals the banana peels to make coffee. She's quite the caffeine addict, and soon she's chasing flies on the ceiling while we pour the whole mix into an old Pepsi can.
This long boy - who has become very polite over the last hour or so - thanks us and walks up the wall to go home. We stand on the living room couch to wish him goodbye. As it's been a very eventful evening, I curl up with a book and a nice warm cup of banana-peel coffee to calm my nerves.
I suppose I'll never know how that conversation about entropy would have turned out. If only that boy had knocked on the window before blowing it to smithereens. Some people just don't teach their children proper ettiquette like they used to. It's a damn shame.