I woke up this morning to feelings of inadequacy. He was without rest again last night. These days, we are opposite ends of the spectrum - him an insomniac, and I nearly a narcoleptic. I can still sleep anywhere. In the car, in my chair, on the floor... it just doesn't seem to phase me at all. So I went to bed last night, hoping that for once he could get a good night's sleep as well.

I'm assuming, seeing as he woke me up by coming to bed and leaving again at different points all through the night, that he didn't. I think the latest time was 6:00 a.m., just an hour before I get up. And I don't know if he even slept then.

I just don't know what I can do to help him sleep. Last night before bed, we tried this new-age meditation CD I had borrowed from a friend, hoping it would help him clear his mind so that he could sleep. He tells me he started thinking about Friends in the middle of it and it just didn't work at all.

I've tried giving him backrubs. He tries drinking camomile tea. I've even tried to get him to have sex just before bed, hoping that maybe he'll fall asleep like he's (stereotypically) supposed to. None of it works.

I just don't know what to do for him. I wake every morning to guilt that I, once again, got a decent rest, while he did not.