Hot Water Music, taking their name from the Charles Bukowski book, are a melodic hardcore band from Gainesville, FL. The band is composed of Jason Black, Chuck Ragan, George Rebelo, and Chris Wollard.

They have released 5 full length records as well as the abysmally recorded Live At The Hardback (1999), of what was to be their final show. Those albums are:

They also recently released Never Ender, a collection of a bunch of split 7"s and EPs on No Idea Records. EPs/Singles/Split's not on Never Ender are:

Included on NE are:

Assorted Discographic Notes: The split 7" with Rydell is probably the least necessary release, and as such was not included on Never Ender. Their only song on it was "Just Don't Say You Lost It" which is also on their live album as well as Forever and Counting. A complete HWM catalog would include the five full lenths, the live album, the singles collection, the Moonpies For Misfits EP, and the split CD with Leatherface.

The recording quality of the live album is... well, it's unique. The between song banter, which is actually really interesting, is recorded at incredibly low volume. This results in one turning up his or her stereo to hear it, and then not turning it down in time for the song to start. Lots of ears get hurt that way. Also, during the songs, when the crowd is singing along, instead of the either of the vocalists, it's very hard to hear them. The song selection, though, is great, and at the time it was released it had two previously unreleased songs and an unreleased cover (Springtime by Leatherface.)

Go buy Forever and Counting to get a good idea of what the band is like. Really emotional, powerful, melodic hardcore.