Recently, I've been hallucinating.

I don't take drugs of any description (because a) They cost money, b) I seem to not remember anything from the few instances when I have taken them and c) I’m constantly paranoid) which makes this all the more worrying.
Currently this involves small, dark shapes moving at the periphery of my vision (I'm not sure when or how, but I began associating them with those ravenous little bears from Kid A) and the sensation off my body being far more weighty than it is (as though it were made of lead) and the illusion of shaking).

I blame this for my inability to realise an earthquake was occurring for a good 15 seconds (a long time when you consider that most last about that long).
I only realised what was happening when I noticed bookshelves and curtains were definitely moving of their own accord, though It wasn't as though I reacted in the correct way.

I sat there.
In the middle of the room.
Marvelling at how the walls shook.

For some odd reason I seem to lack the instinct of self-preservation.

Later it was confirmed that there was an earthquake, a 7 on the Richter scale. It was centred 420 km North East of the coast of Gisborne, placing it perhaps 500-600 km from me (hey, I didn't take three years of Geography for nothing after all) and lasted for around a minute.


Aside from that the only occurrences of interest were:


My life is depressing.