I have had an excellent weekend. On Saturday afternoon I captained my school’s 2nd XI Cricket team in an away match against King Edwards School, Witley.

I lost the toss and was put into bat, we made a unimpressive 112 all out against poor bowling on a slow wicket which was breaking up. When we went out to bowl I was convinced that despite out poor total we could win the match. However after 10 overs our two excellent seem bowlers had failed to take a wicket despite being perilously close on numerous occasions. A change of bowling at both ends resulted in a couple of wickets and then I put a leg spinner on. He charged through the KES batting line up taking 4 wickets from 5 overs giving away only 9 runs. We won by 11 runs.

Then I spent Saturday evening with my girlfriend watching Keeping the Faith on video. It was a funny film and I was pleased to see a young Priest and Rabbi being portrayed as good guys. If only the real world was full of ministers like that.

On Sunday I had planned a surprise for my girlfriend. We were going to a Greek restaurant in Regent’s Park Rd (nr. Camden Town) called Lemonia then to the Jazz Café’s “Jazz Jam”. The restaurant was packed and the food was good, if not as nice as I expected for the price. The real treat was the Jazz Café. The “Jazz Jam” consists of a band called Tomorrow’s Warriors who will support any instrumentalist or vocalist that wishes to perform. This means there is an excellent variety of musicians and I loved the session. It only costs £1 to get in and I am definitely planning on going back soon.

To top off this excellent weekend I watched the Matrix again last night, its still good…still good.