Ah, the incredible boringness of packing...blah. Maybe I should just throw it all out and live like a Zen monk or something. It might not be a bad idea-- I'm probably only going to be able to afford an apartment the size of a closet, anyway. I can either pay over $3000 a month, or a more "reasonable" $1200 but live in Hayward or Fremont. Can I manage this? I don't know. I'm terrified and intimidated by the idea of going to Stanford anyway. ... I'm fine, really. Just breathe.

Matter #2: I need a job. I need money. Getting a summer job where I could work with Mandarin-speakers would be cool, as I need to brush up the rusty Chinese before hitting Stanford University. (Let's face it, there aren't too many Chinese people to chat with in Fayetteville, AR.) Maybe I should wander the Oakland Chinatown and look for Help Wanted signs.

Matter #3: Speaking of Chinatown, I've promised myself one of the really cool modern-cut cheongsams at www.goodorient.com (or something like them) if I get back in shape this summer. (As well as some nice expensive lingerie, since I can't find a bra that fits right at normal prices.)

Oh, the journal project is turning out well. I found a nifty photo in a magazine that I cut out and taped on one page, so now it's all mixed media and stuff. I'm having fun doing it, and as with when I got to send letters and care packages to someone overseas, it lets me feel almost like I'm spending time with the person... I hope Kai likes it when I'm done. Ooh, I could make it multisensory and add a drop of China Rain when I'm done.

Gah! How obnoxiously sentimental and girly is this project going to get? You know, my seventh grade self would have smacked my starry-eyed present self had they ever met. Well, I refer her (and anyone else) to Sappho: We shall enjoy it. Take that!