Weird to fall asleep in the bathtub with a Carl Sagan book in the afternoon and wake up with the stars shining...

In the dream, I was dressed in a black jumpsuit and no shoes...for some reason it seemed very important that my hands and feet stay uncovered and in view at all times. Maybe because I couldn't see any of myself except for those extremities. I was in an empty auditorium, facing a bright light from a balcony. I couldn't see who was behind the light, but knew it was an authority figure...professor, doctor or postal worker...but I knew I had to tell them I couldn't make an appointment and needed to rescedule. I also knew I couldn't speak or write. The word aphasia flashed through my mind. The only way I could communicate was by gesture, and the American Sign Language I knew wasn't enough to say that. (I can basically say "You're my boyfriend," "I love you" and "Nice hair.") I had to dance and mime my way through, constantly feeling their disapproval over my clumsy movements. (Aside: My alarm clock is going off, blasting music from a pop station) I try my hardest, but cannot move to the rhythms of Hey, Mr. DJ and deliver my message. The beings behind the light are not Madonna fans, anyway. The more ashamed I felt, the faster I moved, and then felt resistance. Strings, or maybe web-strands, were stuck to my elbows and knees, and I realized I was a marionette. That frightened me enough to awaken.