Some mornings, driving to work feels like I'm taking my life and putting it into danger. The greater Atlanta area is notorious for bad traffic, and it lives up to that fully every morning. The commute to work is only nine miles, but depending on what time I leave, it can take me anywhere from fifteen minutes to a half hour to make the trek. It amazes me how some people drive around the metro area. Granted, I'm no saint, but blatantly cutting off a dump truck is just asking for disaster. By the time I get to work, my nerves are pretty well shot. You would think I would be able to sit down and organize my thoughts for the day, however, that is not the case.

I work in an office environment, which means I have my own personal fabric covered box, also known as a cubicle. As such, I'm subject to hearing things, smelling things and dealing with things on a normal basis. The one thing, though, that really drives me nuts is when someone sneaks up on you, while you're focused on work, and begins to talk to you. It either takes you by surprise, or else angers you, and in the course of ten seconds, you need to compose yourself and engage in conversation. Couple this with the morning commute stress, and sometimes it's enough to make me very upset. I haven't lashed out, nor have I ever been rude to this person, but there are times I really wish I could do that. I have told the person that sneaking up on someone is not generally good, but they have yet to get the message.

The afternoon commute is about ten times worse than the morning commute, but it's usually the same sorts of antics from drivers in the area. What makes everything worthwhile, though, is coming home to my family, kicking off my shoes and finally relaxing. It's a good feeling indeed.