A prison of her own making


Ah, yes, the usual disclaimers... Let me think. Okay: this is a snapshot, see? A little piece of my day, or rather of my thoughts on this particular day. It's not important. It's a daylog. These are much more important - or, at any rate, a lot more fun to read. Go and do so.




My boyfriend has a lot of friends, male as well as female. He goes out with them, they socialise, and they - especially the female ones - talk with him about anything and everything. The way I do with my friends. It is as we feel it should be, and it works fine.

At the moment, though, my bf is a bit saddened by the fact that he is losing a friend. A girl he has known for almost as long as he has known me, and one who has always been very close to him. They have been playing live RPG, going to concerts, helping eachother with different Medieval Reenactment stuff... all in all very much liking being together. Close friends.

And then she went and got herself a boyfriend.

We found out the implications of her having a bf when she told him that she and her new beau had been fighting for three days. The fight was caused by her catching dinner and a movie with my bf. They have been doing that now and then for like forever, and she didn't realise there would be a need to stop now.

But her new bf did not like it. He suffers from jealousy.

He does not want her to meet with my bf. He does not want them to talk alone at all. Well, at first it seems to be a rather reasonable request; I mean, the two guys don't know each other, and so it's only natural that he'd want to find out what kind of guy my guy is. But, it turns out, he also doesn't want her to go out with her girlfriends.

On the other hand he thinks it's quite okay that he goes out with his friends. And so we see a pattern.



It's quite a sad situation, as far as I can see. She is now more or less confined to her home, and to her place of work. Unless he goes with her, she cannot go out to see her friends - not without facing days of quarreling and fighting. She also sits alone at home while he goes out with his friends. They don't fight over this, because she thinks he should have the freedom to go out. Too bad he doesn't feel the same about her. She thinks he will, given time. She thinks she can change him. She thinks she can make his jealousy go away, once he learns to trust her. I don't believe it will happen like that. Of course that's just my opinion.

And now he has asked her to marry him, and she has said yes.





Oh well... I wish them lots of luck.


Thank you for your time.