Davidian's Engagement Log: Entry One


I've finally decided when it's going to happen. I've been mulling it around in my head for weeks now. However, the time is nigh upon me, and I can't escape what needs to be done. Not that I want to.

I've been dating my girlfriend ever since May 5, 2001. It was a Saturday night, and I was more interested in the girl I almost hooked up with the night before than her. In fact I barely knew her. I had talked to her sometimes before as she was in the same class as my best friend/roommate's girlfriend. We'd all walk in the same direction together after class got out. I used her to work on my talking to girls, and that's about it. I used the time to practice holding a conversation. Nothing more. I wasn't wowed by her looks, like I am now.

On that Cinco De Maio, some of her friends and her came up to my fraternity's section. My roommate was trying to get her trashed off the fabled Delt Punch, a punch my frat makes annually. He even tried paying her small dollar amounts to flash her breasts at me. Apparently she liked me, even though I didn't know it. My roommate was just trying to get me laid.

We went out to this "Shock Yo Momma" party held by the Omegas, another frat on campus. Within five minutes, my best friend was handcuffed to two girls, who, if they wanted to use their bodies more than their minds, would have made excellent pornstars. But I digress. I was left with three ladies and a keg of cheap beer. We all partied and made merry. Ain't nuthin like dancing with different women, and switching between every song.

I have no idea what time it was when we left. I just know my roommate had managed to free himself from the handcuffs. We went back to our room; me, him, and the ladies. Once back there, we popped open more beers and I had a great idea, "Everyone onto the beds!" I had yelled. Maybe not, it's a while ago and drugs have killed my memory. We had a loft setup going all the way across the room, which had our beds on it, separated, of course. My girl curled into my bed alongside me and I took turns kissing her, and the girl I was interested in the night before. By this time, my focus had shifted from her, to my girlfriend, as she seemed to be more interested in me. At this point in my life, I had not been laid in 2 years, so I was going to take what I could and not complain. Long story short, we went back to her place and made merry.

She later told me I was supposed to be her piece of meat, another one night stand as she tried, and failed, to get over her asshole high school boyfriend. She was a freshman and myself a sophomore. She said she decided to keep me because I cuddled after sex.

Now our relationship has reached a certain point. Never had I felt such feelings for a girl before. Never had she had such feelings for a guy. We talked about it and knew that we were perfect for each other. I think that she is one of only two people I could live with and not end up killing. The other being my roommate that year.

Now to the point of all this rambling. My then roommate, his girlfriend, and my girlfriend are all going on spring break together, at my parent's cape house in Chatham, Massachusetts. I plan on setting up my room real nice, with candles and flower petals, mostly red roses, on the bed. I plan on making sweet love for most of the evening. In the morning I plan on sliding the first universal symbol of our love onto her finger while she sleeps. By the morning of March 15, 2003, I will be engaged to the most wonderful woman on the face of the planet.

For those of you who haven't done this yet, this is by far the most anxious I've ever been in my life. All my friends are surprised and amazed. They tell me I'm too young, they tell me I'm throwing things away. However, they do tell me that they're happy it's to her, and that outweighs anything else they have to say. I'm going to call her father a week from this friday, to ask him if it's ok for me to marry his daughter. This has me more nervous than I have ever been in my life. Even though I know he will not say no.

She's been with me through so much. She's seen my at my most crazed, my most evil, and my most vulnerable. I have shed tears in her arms. She stuck with me while I successfully failed out of college, while I had to move back in with my parents. She keeps me in line. She doesn't dominate, she genuinely cares. She's the only woman I want having my children.

I actually decided that I wanted to "propose" a while ago, about a week. I haven't written about it until now because my parents have finally accepted the fact that this is going to happen soon. When I told my parents they both said "No, you're too young." I'm going to be 24 when we get married. My parents were 23. However, I am glad that they came around. I'm going to go diamond shopping with my father on my birthday. I already have what type of ring it's going to be picked out. Actually, she picked it out, and I'm going to get her what she wants. Anything for my girl.

I don't know what else to say. I know I have no reason to try and convince thousands of people I don't know why this woman is special, or what she means to me. I just wanted to tell thousands of people that she's mine, so keep your grubby hands away from her! :^)

Next Entry