I had a talk with my little twin sisters a week ago. Other than the usual family dribble, there was one interesting difference. Since I came back from Cornell University, I noticed how they seemed to agree with the herd behavior of most high school people, in terms of political beliefs. Without giving one ounce of proof, they spurted ridiculous opinions on taxes (read: forced redistribution of wealth), delusional and wildly exaggerated perceptions on social discrimination, and radical environmentalism, among other things. I never noticed this before because I never really talked to them that much in the past. But since I never see them that much nowadays, we talk more.

I then talked to some of their friends. They're all about 15-16 years old, learning about the world. They all held the same idiotic ideas about what the world was like. They also seemed to have a collective hatred of conservatism, relating the concept to "old-time bigotry", nazism, fascism, and other stupid associations. The term popular liberalism seemed to apply here. These people had no clue what they were talking about, had no evidence to support their claims, but still wholeheartedly and ardently stuck to their beliefs, and refused to change their minds about any issues. Oh well, I'm not going to verbally assault a bunch of miseducated teenagers, so I left.

After a while, I decided to go back to my old high school and talk to some of the teachers there. I mean, where else could those teenagers have been so corrupted by that tender age? Big surprise, the teachers were all liberal, if not ultra-liberal. I still know most of the teachers there, all but one (my old economics teacher) are leftists. I had a little talk with my sisters' social sciences teacher, who turned out to be an absolute bleeding heart idealist. No wonder my sisters and all their friends were spouting liberal dogma. The moron was pretty smooth in his arguments, so I'm not surprised that the gullible young fools all fell for it. A whole classroom corrupted.

I recall my own middle school and high school years. All the teachers were liberal, and more than a few tried to spread their philosophies onto us. Most fell for it. Thinking about it now, I'm still pretty pissed off how these people, posing as teachers, managed to infect entire schools of kids with their political misbeliefs. And children, being easy to mentally mold, ate it all up.

I can still, after hours of thinking, recall only two or three politically conservative teachers in my years before college. None tried to spread his/her ideology. But I can recall over 10 liberal teachers, most of whom tried to preach their beliefs to us. A slight misbalance. Maybe it has something to do with education majors in college, I dunno.

I can only conclude that it is not a teacher's place to preach ideology to their students, especially if they feel strongly about it. Just as God has no place in the classroom, neither does the left-wing agenda. Or the right-wing agenda for that matter. The students should be allowed to decide for themselves, instead of having some person force it down their confused heads.


Did I say that miseducation of the right-wing variety was correct? Not that I see, Mr. catastrophe. Of course, as anyone would, I would be less outraged if the education system didn't insist on defining homosexuality as "a creative way to make love". But hey, as you said, pure objectivity is a myth, and to ask for it is only wishful thinking. I had an absolutely great time arguing with my liberal teachers and pointing out the holes in their dogma. They might be older, but not wiser.

No one should take an opinion at face value without listening to the evidence. Unfortunately, most youngsters don't feel the need to question as much as I do. Yeah, I'm a nosy bastard. Better nosy than ignorant.