Despite the fact that the cast members filmed the entire first season (13 episodes), it appears that the WB will not be showing all of them, as it will only be showing seven, the last one being shown on September 25th, 2001 before it makes room for it's fall line up. Smallville, a story about Superman as a teenager, will be replacing it. (It is too be noted, however, that Smallville's premiere date has been pushed back two weeks, so it may be possible that we see 9 episodes of Dead Last).
It is a shame, because the show was quite good, and the actors quite funny. The only downside is that the show will probably be perceived as trying to cash in on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer phenomenon with the use of the undead and magic and such.
Canadians, however, are more fortunate as YTV will be most likely airing all 13 episodes. I suppose this is fitting seeing as two of the main actors are Canadian.

Episode List (may not correspond to WB air dates):
  • 1. Pilot

  • 2. He Who Smelt It

  • 3. Laughlin It Up

  • 4. Jane's Exit

  • 5. Teen Spirit

  • 6. Gastric Distress

  • 7. The Crawford Touch

  • 8. Heebee Geebee's

  • 9. To Serve With Love

  • 10. To Live & Amulet Die

  • 11. Problem With Corruption

  • 12. The Mulravian Candidate

  • 13. Death is in the Air


  • PS: As an addition to the first post at this node, Wayne Pére also stars in this show as Dennis.