A TV show on the WB. (Mwa ha ha!! "the WB".)

Premise: Scotty (Tyler Labine), Vaughn (Kett Turton), and Jane (Sara Downing) make up the rock band "Problem". By accident they discover a magic amulet, the Amulet of Sorin [sp], which gives them the power to see ghosts and the responsibility to help these ghosts finish their unfinished business and pass on.

Or else the ghosts will get really nasty at them.

First episode aired tonight (Tue 14 Aug 2001). It was interesting, and funny. But I might be biased.

TV Guide summary of the first episode:

Debut: Comedy mixes with the supernatural in this new series about the Problem, a rock band whose members have the power to see ghosts---very needy ghosts.

Bandmates Jane, Vaughn and Scott (Sara Downing, Kett Turton, Tyler Labine) receive this gift after reading the inscription on a mysterious amulet, an object that keeps coming back despite repeated attempts to ditch it. Some research into the talisman's history provides a few clues as to how the rockers are seeing the specters, but not why. Nor does it explain the pesky Pilgrim haunting them. Meanwhile, front man Vaughn's focus and dedication to his friends are challenged by a record-company rep intent on sweet-talking him into going solo.

There are already several Yahoo! groups devoted to this show, such as: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dead-Last

Despite the fact that the cast members filmed the entire first season (13 episodes), it appears that the WB will not be showing all of them, as it will only be showing seven, the last one being shown on September 25th, 2001 before it makes room for it's fall line up. Smallville, a story about Superman as a teenager, will be replacing it. (It is too be noted, however, that Smallville's premiere date has been pushed back two weeks, so it may be possible that we see 9 episodes of Dead Last).
It is a shame, because the show was quite good, and the actors quite funny. The only downside is that the show will probably be perceived as trying to cash in on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer phenomenon with the use of the undead and magic and such.
Canadians, however, are more fortunate as YTV will be most likely airing all 13 episodes. I suppose this is fitting seeing as two of the main actors are Canadian.

Episode List (may not correspond to WB air dates):
  • 1. Pilot

  • 2. He Who Smelt It

  • 3. Laughlin It Up

  • 4. Jane's Exit

  • 5. Teen Spirit

  • 6. Gastric Distress

  • 7. The Crawford Touch

  • 8. Heebee Geebee's

  • 9. To Serve With Love

  • 10. To Live & Amulet Die

  • 11. Problem With Corruption

  • 12. The Mulravian Candidate

  • 13. Death is in the Air


  • PS: As an addition to the first post at this node, Wayne Pére also stars in this show as Dennis.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.