One of the free web-based e-mail services where you pick your user id and start picking up your mail at http://www.mail.com. It has all of the standard features you would expect: I have been with several of these services, but ended up staying with mail.com because they let me get firstname.lastname@mail.com, which I figured was easy for people to remember, and which had not been available at the others (Yahoo, Hotmail, Netscape...btw, Netscape took away my sgs1370 username, I mean, who else possibly wanted that user id?)

Other items to note include the fact that while mail.com had pretty slow service at one time, they have obviously upgraded their capacity (you can tell by the improvement in response time). Also, they recently revamped their look-and-feel to something a little nicer looking.

They are not as feature-filled as Yahoo's e-mail [service, but on the other hand, they do let you pick a great email address ending from one of these:

mail.com, cheerful.com, consultant.com, europe.com, myself.com, post.com, techie.com, usa.com, writeme.com, 2die4.com, artlover.com, bikerider.com, catlover.com, cliffhanger.com, cutey.com, doglover.com, gardener.com, hot-shot.com, inorbit.com, loveable.com, mad.scientist.com, playful.com, poetic.com, popstar.com, saintly.com, seductive.com, soon.com, whoever.com, winning.com, witty.com, yours.com, africamail.com, arcticmail.com, asia.com, australiamail.com, japan.com, samerica.com, berlin.com, dublin.com, london.com, madrid.com, moscowmail.com, munich.com, nycmail.com, paris.com, rome.com, sanfranmail.com, singapore.com, tokyo.com, accountant.com, adexec.com, allergist.com, alumnidirector.com, archaeologist.com, chemist.com, clerk.com, columnist.com, comic.com, consultant.com, counsellor.com, deliveryman.com, diplomats.com, doctor.com, dr.com, engineer.com, execs.com, financier.com, geologist.com, graphic-designer.com, hairdresser.net, insurer.com, journalist.com, lawyer.com, legislator.com, lobbyist.com, minister.com, musician.org, optician.com, pediatrician.com, presidency.com, priest.com, programmer.net, publicist.com, realtyagent.com, registerednurses.com, repairman.com, representative.com, rescueteam.com, scientist.com, sociologist.com, teacher.com, techie.com, umpire.com, and underwriters.com.

(Enough choices for you?)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.