Here is an electronica group composed of M. Teho Teardo of Matera and J.F. Coleman who is a member of Phylr and formerly of Cop Shoot Cop. The group has a sound which is not unlike that of Massive Attack but also has jazz, drum and bass and trip hop flavors and features vocals prominantly on top of traditional electronic composition.

Their first and currently only release is entitled Brooklyn Bank and it is a very original, genre-mixing effort which is something of a surprise in the otherwise highly produced but creativly poor electronic music scene. The album also features Lydia Lunch, Scott McCloud (Girls vs Boys), Rock Savage (Barkmarket), and several others. While Brooklyn Bank may be original, its experimentation can at times leave a casual listener alienated, because it moves so far away from convention. The album was released by Invisible Records in 1999 and is available from Emusic in MP3 format.
The node towards which accidentally reversed pipelinks tend to point is here.

This reflects a common but rather tacky practice in web design which is echoed in noding here; you are either invited:

Click here to continue

or told that

The information you require is here.

It is worth noting that in this latter case, here actually refers to some other place and not here at all; which may or may not have something interesting to say about the nature of location and position in cyberspace.

Her, Here (), pron. pl. [OE. here, hire, AS. heora, hyra, gen. pl. of h&emac;. See He.]

Of them; their.

[Obs.]

Piers Plowman.

On here bare knees adown they fall. Chaucer.

 

© Webster 1913.


Here (?), n.

Hair.

[Obs.]

Chaucer.

 

© Webster 1913.


Here (?), pron.

1.

See Her, their.

[Obs.]

Chaucer.

2.

Her; hers. See Her.

[Obs.]

Chaucer.

 

© Webster 1913.


Here (?), adv. [OE. her, AS. hr; akin to OS. hr, D. hier, OHG. hiar, G. hier, Icel. & Goth. hr, Dan. her, Sw. har; fr. root of E. he. See He.]

1.

In this place; in the place where the speaker is; -- opposed to there.

He is not here, for he is risen. Matt. xxviii. 6.

2.

In the present life or state

.

Happy here, and more happy hereafter. Bacon.

3.

To or into this place; hither. [Colloq.] See Thither.

Here comes Virgil. B. Jonson.

Thou led'st me here. Byron.

4.

At this point of time, or of an argument; now.

The prisoner here made violent efforts to rise. Warren.

Here, in the last sense, is sometimes used before a verb without subject; as, Here goes, for Now (something or somebody) goes; -- especially occurring thus in drinking healths. "Here's [a health] to thee, Dick."

Cowley.

Here and there, in one place and another; in a dispersed manner; irregularly. "Footsteps here and there." Longfellow. -- It is neither, here nor there, it is neither in this place nor in that, neither in one place nor in another; hence, it is to no purpose, irrelevant, nonsense.<-- mostly used to mean "irrelevant" --> Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.