A plot; a concocted story; a trick; a lie. "The bug-doctor (psychiatrist) has the net out (is attempting to commit to an institution for the insane) for the Guzzler. Must be a gag. He does bat (trial) for that bang-job (murder) next month."

- american underworld dictionary - 1950

A humourous event that is usually performed, rather than spoken, differentiating it from a joke.

OK, so your sub is comfortably restrained and squirming around contently but something seems missing... it's time to gag them. But just what kind of different gags are there?

Ball Gag

This is by far the most popular kind of gag, and comes in several varieties. Most simply have a rubber or leather strap going right through the rubber ball (which is usually pink or red) which then goes around the submissive's head. Head harnesses take this idea further, and have various straps going below the submissive's chin and up between their eyes to the back of their head, meaning the ball itself is less likely to be moved out of place. These are sometimes lockable with small padlocks for even more fun.

Bit Gag

Particularly popular amongst pony girls and pony boys, for obvious reasons. These are also available as head harnesses, some even going as far as to have blinkers to restrict the wearer's field of vision.

Ring Gag

This has two main advantages or disadvantages, depending on your point of view: you can command your sub to lick various parts of your (or someone else's) body while they're still unable to speak properly, and when they're not doing that, they tend to drool all over themselves in a way that has a knack of running straight down their chest. Unfortunately, it seems to be a lot easier for this to fall out of place.

Bulb Gag

A rubber gag which has a hand pump protruding from it. The gag is inflated once it is inside the sub's mouth.

Butterfly Gag

Similar to a bulb gag, but with two extrusions, one either side, that fit between the teeth and cheeks. This can apparently be hard to keep in the mouth, which again can be a disadvantage or an advantage depending on how you're playing.

Duct tape

Not recommended. Fun during play, but not so fun when you're gently trying to take it off afterwards. It works best when something soft is already carefully stuffed into the sub's mouth.

Cloth gag

Scarves or, at a pinch, tea towels can do the trick. These work for some people, though speech isn't as impaired as it is with most other gags. The scarf type is aesthetically pleasing, and they can also be used as blindfolds.

Dental retractors

Very scary looking. These don't make very effective gags and can be dangerous. Definitely not recommended.

There are other variations, such as phallic shaped gags and gags with funnels attached to them. Hopefully this has covered the main ones, though.

gabriel = G = gang bang

gag vi.

Equivalent to choke, but connotes more disgust. "Hey, this is FORTRAN code. No wonder the C compiler gagged." See also barf.

--The Jargon File version 4.3.1, ed. ESR, this entry manually entered by rootbeer277.

Gag (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Gagged (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Gagging (?).] [Prob. fr. W. cegio to choke or strangle, fr. ceg mouth, opening, entrance.]

1.

To stop the mouth of, by thrusting sometimes in, so as to hinder speaking; hence, to silence by authority or by violence; not to allow freedom of speech to.

Marvell.

The time was not yet come when eloquence was to be gagged, and reason to be hood winked. Maccaulay.

2.

To pry or hold open by means of a gag.

Mouths gagged to such a wideness. Fortescue (Transl. ).

3.

To cause to heave with nausea.

 

© Webster 1913.


Gag, v. i.

1.

To heave with nausea; to retch.

2.

To introduce gags or interpolations. See Gag, n., 3.

[Slang]

Cornill Mag.

 

© Webster 1913.


Gag, n.

1.

Sometimes thrust into the mouth or throat to hinder speaking.

2.

A mouthful that makes one retch; a choking bit; as, a gag of mutton fat.

Lamb.

3.

A speech or phrase interpolated offhand by an actor on the stage in his part as written, usually consisting of some seasonable or local allusion.

[Slang]

Gag rein Harness, a rein for drawing the bit upward in the horse's mouth. -- Gag runner Harness, a loop on the throat latch guiding the gag rein.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.