A comic book by Michael Turner. It features, suprise!, characters underwater.

Oh, and I think the Rutger Hauer movie might be Split Second.

Atari 2600 Game
Produced by: Imagic
Model Number: 03205
Rarity: 4 Scarce+
Year of Release: 1982
Programmer: Rob Fulop

Titans have imprisoned Neptina, Neptune's daughter! They've shattered his magical Trident and scattered its pieces far and wide. Without his trident, Neptune is powerless.

Proteus, a member of Neptune's Court, longs to free the lovely mermaid. He sets out to find the missing pieces of the Trident. He roams land and sea, changing from a dolphin to a seagull and back again in order to deceive the mermaid's captors. Deadly trials confront Proteus-- octopuses, tangled beds of kelp, screaming flocks of blackbirds, even erupting volcanoes! But he fights on valiantly!

Fathom is an underwater adventure game for the Atari 2600. It isn't nearly as repetitive as most Atari games tend to be. The box advertises the fact that the game has over 150 separate screens. (Making this one of the larger Atari games). The purpose of this game is to "Save Neptune's daughter by finding pieces of the trident". You begin your mission as a dolphin. As the dolphin you must touch all the sea horses and starfish that you can find, while avoiding the dangerous seaweed. Eventually a bird symbol will appear. touch this to change to bird form, so you can continue your mission in the air. In the air you must touch as many pink clouds and stars as you can, while avoiding gray clouds and the deadly volcano.

Codes, tricks, and cheats

You can view Imagic's mailing address by releasing the mermaid seven times in quick succession. Do this and the address will appear at the bottom of the screen.

On the second level you should release the mermaid, but swim away before the cage finishes opening. Turn into the bird and fly to the volcano. The volcano will now have the initals of the programmers printed onit.

Collectors Information

This title came in the standard "shiny" Imagic box. The front of the box showed a realistic graphic of a eerily red-eyed teenage mermaid inside a cage.

This game is valued at around $5 USD. Games with boxes and manuals are worth more.

Fath"om (?), n. [fadme, fa&edh;me, AS. fae&edh;m fathom, the embracing arms; akin to OS. fa&edh;mos the outstretched arms, D. vadem, vaam, fathom, OHG. fadom, fadum, G. faden fathom, thread, Icel. fa&edh;mr fathom, Sw. famn, Dan. favn; cf. Gr. to spread out, outspread, flat, L. patere to lie open, extend. Cf. Patent, Petal.]

1.

A measure of length, containing six feet; the space to which a man can extend his arms; -- used chiefly in measuring cables, cordage, and the depth of navigable water by soundings.

2.

The measure or extant of one's capacity; depth, as of intellect; profundity; reach; penetration.

[R.]

Another of his fathom they have none To lead their business. Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.


Fath"om, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fathomed (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Fathoming.]

1.

To encompass with the arms extended or encircling; to measure by throwing the arms about; to span.

[Obs.]

Purchas.

2.

The measure by a sounding line; especially, to sound the depth of; to penetrate, measure, and comprehend; to get to the bottom of.

Dryden.

The page of life that was spread out before me seemed dull and commonplace, only because I had not fathomed its deeper import. Hawthotne.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.