Welcome to a miscellaneous node of the Pandeism index!!


Some days are days for observing the changes in the world. And some days are days for changing the world.

And so, the latter in mind, I hereby declare, by the power vested in my by special revelation from the Universe, that July 22 shall henceforth and forever be World Pandeism Day (and not only henceforth, but retroactively has always been).

Ah, you're wondering: Why a "World Pandeism Day"? Well, all sorts of things have a "world day" proclaimed for them -- there's a World Peace Day on September 21 and a World Theatre Day on March 27, and even a World Backup Day on March 31 (don't forget to back up your data!!)

And why July 22? You might know that March 14 (3.14 in American denotations) is Pi Day (I have seen it called "World Pi Day," somewhat extraneously, the numbers already being universal). And every July 22, some especially niche segment of the mathematical celebrates Pi Approximation Day (22/7 decimally being an approximate value of pi, 3.14285712...., the closest to actual pi that can be conveniently approached with a fraction.

By the way, for a lengthy analysis of alternative fractional representations of pi, check out this piece in Wired, which reveals that (oddly enough) 22/7 is the best fractional equivalent to be gotten out of any lower fraction (having a two-digit numerator), with the next best being a numerator somewhere over the number 200. So it's a pretty poetic indicator of the mathematical complexity of our Universe that the fraction best representing pi is one which is, as well, susceptible to being a calendar date.

For Pandeism, pi proffers not simply an exercise in alliteration, but a reference to the mathematical logic underlying our existence, an analogue to the logical Creator using a mathematical methodology to model the contours of our Universe as thusly created. Our Universe exhibits normality and appeal to mathematical description.

Plus, in much of the Northern Hemisphere this is usually a nice late-summer day, which is exactly the sort of day one ought to associate with the laid back philosophy of Pandeism.

So enjoy your World Pandeism Day going forward (and all the ones you didn't know you'd had in the past)!! Blessings!!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.