Short answer:
Not unless the server is taken down.

Long answer:
First of all, the answer is obviously "no" just by searching for today's date, yesterday's date, and so on. As long as time continues, people will be noding their day-to-day life. Everything is a huge collection of history. Secondly, every day new words and inventions are being created. That can't stop and no one will stop noding these new things. Really, the question becomes "Will Everything ever slow down in expanding because of lack of things to node?".

I find the possibility that the expansion of Everything will outlast humanity to be quite small. I find the possibility that the expansion of Everything will outlast the Sun to be even smaller. I find the possibility that the expansion of Everything will outlast all suns to be miniscule. I find the possibility that the expansion of Everything will outlast the universe to be approaching nil.

So, YES. Maybe even because of the end of time itself. Unless...

Thus spake E2: "Let there be light!"

It is true that Everything will continuously experience new nodes for the rest of its existence -- even the daylogs will continue to be generated in the absence of active noding. However, this presumption that Everything will continue expanding forever neglects to take into account the power of editorial nuking.

As Everything continues to grow, more and more editors will be called upon to moderate the nodes. It is conceivable that, at some point in the distant future, a critical mass of editors will occur which will begin nuking nodes and writeups at a rate greater than the rate of new node generation.

Everything cosmologists are busy researching this question as we speak, to determine when and if Everything may begin to collapse. Calculations are difficult, as the rate of Everything expansion is partially dependent on the growth of the Internet as a whole and the number of times Everything gets Slashdotted. There is also the question of how many "dark noders" exist in the Everything space.

It is also unknown what will happen after the End of Everything, if it does occur. Some believe that it will collapse into a singularity and the domain sold off to an international porn site. Others believe that shortly afterward, a new, glorious Everything3 will erupt from the nodes and noders and continue, Brahma-like, the cycle of expansion and collapse in perpetuity.

Yes, assuming several things remain constant:
  1. The server that Everything is located upon.
  2. Dataflow (i.e., new nodes and writeups.
This is partly because of the fact that nodes take up space.
Since Everything has a hard drive, and nodes are stored upon this hard drive, and nodes take up space...

This means we can only write a certain amount of nodes/writeups before the drive space on Everything is filled.

Buying new space and hard drives won't help, because as the amount of equipment increases, so does the cost of maintence and support for the equipment. If new hardware is bought, taxes on land and electricity would have to be paid, along with the previously mentioned support costs.

Everything could last for a long, long time, depending on the amount of money it brings in from advertising, etc. (That is, it'll be around long after you die)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.