Everything is a flexible web database, created by BSI which seeks to find the best way to store and link ideas. The result: it's absolutely crazy...

Everything Theory deals with some ways in which users and information interact in the database.

Everything is also a fictional TV Show, similar to a dipshit version of Nova. It is portrayed in the most excellent film Real Genius, where it stars Dr. Jerome Hathaway and is funded by a grant from Darlington Electronic Instruments. Title of the episode we watch being filmed: "The colon. What does it look like?"

I realise that most of you people who are reading this right now believe that the word 'everything' is a noun (which it is), but also that you know why the word everything means everything. Well, since it is a pretty important word (especially here), I though it is about time we all knew the word's origins.

'Everything' is actually a verb, everyth , in present progressive (like 'Running' or 'Emancipating'). The verb itself has disappeared from the English language, and all that remains is its p.p.

Everyth comes from the Hebrew word 'Ivrith', which is the Hebrew name for Hebrew. Much like Latin for Christians, Hebrew (Ivrith) was the language of knowledge for Hebrews. While daily activities were conducted in the language of the country, studying was done in Hebrew, and studying became known as 'Ivrithing'.

"What are you doing?", parents would ask their children.
"Ivrithing.", they replied.

Of course, the children would answer "Ivrithing." for everything, and it could not be helped that the word would be thus incorporated into the English language.

Everything is also a band. Abbreviated (e:) or e:, which is similar to the band's symbol. their record label, management company and website address are all called Ecolon.

Formed in the late eighties at James Madison University in Virginia, the name is derived from their eclectic mix of influences, ranging from Bob Marley to Led Zeppelinto Chuck Brown to Stravinsky (according to lead singer Craig Honeycutt,in 1992). One of the early-ninetites college acts that predated the jambands of today. During that timeframe, their contemporaries were the Dave Matthews Band, Hootie, and the Edwin McCain Band, all of which have enjoyed greater commercial success than that of (e:). (e:) is signed to Elektra, which released their latest CD, Supernatural. Supernatural contained the semi-hit "Hooch", which made it onto Billboard's Hot 200.

Everything is:

  • Craig Honeycutt: Vocals and Guitar
  • Dave Slankard: Bass
  • Steve Van Dam: Guitar, Sax, Clarinet, Vocals
  • Nate Brown: Drums and Vocals.
The band has also included Trumpet and Trombone players, as well as keyboardist Doug Wanamaker (from Indecision).

Recordings are:

Songs such as Soulfish and SLWB from Solid were college-rock staples of the east coast before the grunge craze hit in '93.

Everything I've given you all and now I'm nothing.
Everything two hours and twentyseven minutes January 17, 2001.
I can't stand my own mind.
Everything when willl we end the human war?
Go fuck yourself with your XP.
I don't feel good don't bother me.
I won't write my poem until I'm in my right mind.
Everything when will you be angelic?
When will you take off your html?
When will you look at yourself through /dev/null?
When will you be worth of your millions of outcasts?
Everything why are your nodes full of sex and angst?
Everything when will you send your eggs India?
I'm sick of your insane demands.
When can i go into the supermarket and buy what I want with my C!'s?
Everything after all it is you and I who are perfect not the rest of the internet.
Your perl is too much for me.
You make me want to be Webster 1913.
There must be some other way to settle this argument.
I only have 32 megs of RAM it's sinister.
Are you being sinister or is this some form of practical joke?
I'm trying to come to the point.
I refuse to give up my obsession.
Everything stop pushing I know what I'm doing.
Everything the sky is falling.
I haven't read Slashdot for months, everyday something gets patented.
Everything I feel sentimental about the FSF.
Everything I used to be a cracker when I was a kid I'm not sorry.
I smoke marijuana every change I get.
I sit in my house for days on end and stare at the roses on my screensaver.
When I go to chatrooms I get drunk and never get laid.
My mind is made up there's going to be trouble.
You should have seen me reading Steven Levy.
My psychoanalyst thinks I'm perfectly right.
I won't read the Terms of Service Agreement.
I have mystical visions and cosmic vibrations.
Everything I still haven't told you what you did to Uncle Max after he discovered the internet.

I'm addressing you.
Are you going to let your emotional life be run by Slashdot?
I'm obsessed by Slashdot.
I reload it every three seconds.
It's headlines stare at me every time I slink past the corner candystore.
I read it in lynx and laugh at people who want pictures.
It's always telling me about copyrights. Businessmen want copyrights. Movie producers want copyrigts. Everybody wants copyrights but me.
It occurs to me that I am Everything.
I am talking to myself again.

The RIAA is rising against me.
I haven't got a lamerz chance.
I'd better consider my national resources.
My national recources consist of two joints of marijuana millions of copyrighted materials an unpunished library of millions of nodes that goes 1400 terrabytes a second.
I say nothing about my prisons nor the millions of underpriviledged who have given up there social lives for me.
My ambition is to be a Pseudo_God despite the fact that I'm a Novice.

Everything how can I write a holy litany in your silly mood?
I will continue like Henry Ford my nodeshells are as individual as his automobiles more so they're all different sexes.
Everything I will sell you my nodeshells $2500 apiece $500 down on your old nodeshell
Everything I have looked at the ASCII Porn node.
I am not proud.
Everything save the XP whores.
Everything I am the EDB.

EverythingI'm putting my queer shoulder to the wheel.

Allen Ginsberg, I'm sorry.

Mercata, Inc. used to own the domain everything.com, but ceased operations on January 31, 2001 after people realized that reverse auctions were no fun. However, the everything.com domain name was quickly snapped up by Adams Media Corporation, which publishes a series of books called the "Everything series." From the looks of the site, the books look like they're similar to the For Dummies series, but without all the self-deprecating "It's okay to be a dummy" stuff. The web site's motto is "We Have Everything," in a blatant swipe at our fair E2.

The whois entry:

Registrant:
Adams Media Corporation (EVERYTHING41-DOM)
   260 Center Street
   Holbrook, MA 02343
   US
 
   Domain Name: EVERYTHING.COM
 
   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Billing Contact:
      Tatel, Alan  (AT736)  allantatel@SPRINTMAIL.COM
      Adams Media, Inc.
      260 Center Street
      Holbrook, MA 02343
      617 767 8100
 
   Record last updated on 30-Nov-2000.
   Record expires on 30-Nov-2002.
   Record created on 30-Nov-2000.
   Database last updated on 18-Aug-2001 05:50:00 EDT.
 
   Domain servers in listed order:
 
   NS1.SECURE.NET               192.41.1.10
   NS2.SECURE.NET               161.58.9.10
"If everybody were perfectly clear that they
were a manifestation of the divine being,
nothing very much would happen."
~~ Alan Watts


One might think it quite difficult, if not impossible, to create a video game exemplifying the fundamental propositions of the theological theory of Pandeism (the Creator becoming, literally, everything) -- but here it is; it has been done!!, with a game fittingly titled "Everything" and containing commentary culled from the astounding pandeistic observations of Alan Watts. And--as one might not be surprised to learn from a game pandeistically prepared for the PlayStation called "Everything"--you, the player, are able to play as literally anything in the Universe of the game. As a proton; as a pebble; as a piano; as a planet; and beyond, puzzling through challenges to be able to jump back and forth at different levels of magnitude and magnanimity.

The diversity of interactions is infinite, but the lesson is ultimate -- that there is no greater game than being and existing and experiencing as everything there is.

And that's it, that's Everything.



177 words for Brevity Quest 2017

Ev"er*y*thing` (?), n.

Whatever pertains to the subject under consideration; all things.

More wise, more learned, more just, more everything. Pope.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.