A small restaurant chain, currently with locations in Sikeston and Ozark, Missouri, and Foley, Alabama. Lambert's main "gimmick" is its "throwed rolls"--when the bread cart comes around, the waiter actually throws the rolls to willing patrons (there is a method by which unwilling patrons may signify they'd rather be handed them).

Lambert's tries for a "down home" style atmosphere, to go with its home cooking style food. The "napkins" are a roll of paper towels; all drinks are served in 32-oz insulated travel mugs (which may also be purchased to take home); food portions are large, and if you clean your plate, they will set another one just like it in front of you at no extra charge. Appetizers (such as breaded fried okra and other vegetables) are free and plentiful, and come around frequently on carts.

As restaurants go, Lambert's offers a unique experience; if you're in the area (perhaps to visit nearby Branson) and hungry, try it at least once. Lambert's website is www.throwedrolls.com.

I happen to live within sight of the Ozark's branch of this "cafe". The place is more of an annoyance than anything. I attend school with three quarters of the staff, and have had the unfortunate experience of eating there on several occasions.

First off, if you want to eat at Lamberts, arrive an hour early and dress appropriately, because you'll be waiting outdoors until they find you a seat. Also, do not expect a cozy little atmospere for a quiet dinner with your family or a date. The place is chaos. Some employee is always yelling out asking if anyone wants some complementary sidedish, or rolls are being thrown, or some tourist's child won't shut up.

Understand, this place is a tourist trap. There are usually one or two tour busses in front of the place at all times. The food, although plentiful (all you can eat, but not buffet), is nothing special. Their main goal is to filter people through as quickly as possible. But do be nice to the employees, they don't like it there, it's just Lamberts is the biggest employer of teens in the area.

Also, if it's your birthday while you are visiting, show them your liscence as proof and your meal is free.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.