Disregarding how Mr. Reeves may or may not be in real life (I'm sure he's a fine fellow), his acting talents are somewhat lacking and, unfortunately or not as a result of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and Speed, he has been firmly established as the original "young, dumb, and full of come" Himbo actor.

I always enjoyed his performance for its vocal delivery. Recently his voice coach seems to have been David Duchovny, although he's also had some interesting turns as California idiot (Bill and Ted), Quasi-English (Dracula), and a very amusing southern accent in the otherwise not-so-bad Devil's Advocate (Pacino is God).

Reeves is a fine candidate if one is in a heckling mood, as every line that comes out of his mouth is pure gold. I personally recommend Point Break. Keanu's character is named Johnny Utah (*snicker*), and aside from Mr. Reeves' performance other hilights include some bank heist action, skydiving scenes, and a somewhat baffling naked kung-fu chick.
This is a great flick.

The name Keanu translates into "cool breeze over the mountains."

Born Keanu Charles Reeves in Beirut, Lebanon, on September 2, 1964, his first name is Hawaiian for "cool breeze over the mountains" and is named for a great-great-uncle. His mother was a showgirl and his father a geologist.

When his parents divorced, his mother moved with him and his younger sister, Kim, first to New York City and then to Toronto. His stepfathers have included Paul Aaron and Jack Bond.

An apathetic student, he took an interest in hockey, where he earned the nickname "the Wall" as a goalie, and drama. He dropped out of school at 17 to go into acting. He appeared in several stage producions and tv appearances. His first major role was in Youngblood in 1986. His breakthrough was in 1989 in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. That, and his roles in Point Break and Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey in 1991 cemented him in the minds of many viewers as an air-headed valley dude.

His major feature appearances include Bram Stoker's Dracula, Speed, Johnny Mnemonic and The Devil's Advocate. His biggest major film is The Matrix, released in 1999, and he is also set to star in two sequels, which are being filmed simultaneously to insure that his appearance does not change unduly between movies.

His hobbies include playing hockey, riding a motorcycle, playing bass guitar in the band Dogstar and doing his own stuntwork when he can. Some people find it amusing that the star of Johnny Mnemonic and The Matrix does not even own a computer.


Quotes:

Another character featured in Doodle MaCZ, based on the real-life actor and star of The Matrix. At first, he just makes small cameo appearances throughout Volume 2, but becomes a full-fledged antagonist by Volume 3, on page 8 ("If Only My Colon Could Talk..."). Reeves is accused by Octopus Guy of being the absolute worst the mass media has to offer, but is only a lackey of the malign Crack.

Keanu Reeves has awesome fighting prowess, aided by his consistent smoking of marijuana (which he calls "hacking into the Matrix" -- after which point he has hallucinations of Morpheus speaking Engrish and addressing him as Neo, telling him to "kill them all"), and consequently pummels the hapless Octopus Guy and Michael the Happy Puppy, preventing them from their ultimate goal of blowing up the TV station. It is assumed he is killed along with Go-Ri when Octopus Guy finally succeeds in his endeavour (Mathemagician survives, oddly enough). Reeves is one of the few characters who does not appear in any gaiden pages at all.

In real life, he is a sub-par actor who stars in a bunch of lousy movies. He is approximately equal to Tom Cruise.

Reeves quotes; aren't you lucky?

  • "Check out this Pikadoo, dude! Wo, it's, like, radical; I'm on, like, pot!"
  • "Reeves is confused!"
  • "What you say?"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.