This is one of the most scenic areas in the world. It is located just south of Yellowstone National Park and partly in Grand Teton National Park in northwest Wyoming. Jackson Hole is actually the valley, created by the Snake River, as it winds between the Tetons in the west and the hills, such as Spencer Mountain and Sleeping Indian to the east.

The city, lies in the southern end of the valley, about 10 miles west of Teton Village. The Jackson Hole Drug Store, which has an old fashioned soda fountain has incredible milk shakes. There are also a wide variety of great shopping and fabulous restaurants, featuring a variety of western fare. At night, the night life is fabulous. The Million Dollar Cowboy Bar is world famouse. Tourists and cowboys mingle together at The Rancher and The Silver Dollar, or see a show at The Shady Lady or a melodrama at the Pink Garter Theater. In the summer, the Jackson Hole Rodeo takes place twice a week, including a show on Independence Day, just before a spectaular fireworks display. If you like loud, you will like this show. Even though it is a small town, it's status as a tourist destination gives it a much bigger feel.

The valley itself is filled with outoor activities. There are many dude ranches in the area, including the Moosehead Ranch and Triangle X Ranch, both located just north of Moose, Wyoming. This is a great area for horseback riding, hiking, cycling, river rafting, and mountain climbing.

In the winter, Jackson Hole has an entirely different feel. It features two ski resorts at Snow King and Jackson Hole. Jackson Hole is world-renowned, and features the tallest vertical rise in the United States. And Grand Targhee in Idaho is only about an hour or so away. The area also features a host of cross country skiing options. For non-skiers, the elk come down from the valley into the National Elk Refuge, which is right next to the town. There is also a lot of snowmobiling further up into the valley.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.