Arising out of the ashes of the sixties music scene, Goa Gil had his rebirth in India, where he practiced yoga in the Himalayas. A musician all his life, he brought his experience to bear on uniting music, revelry, and higher states of consciousness. His foremost goal was "Redefining the Ancient Tribal Ritual for the 21st Century". It was the birth of the Trance Dance Experience and the Goa Full Moon parties. Yet his influence spread far beyond India as electronic music came under the spell of his unique integration of industrial and psychadelic samples into trance. It has since become its own genre, termed goa trance, but more recently referred to as psychadelic or psy-trance. Goa Gil, now 50 years old, continues to create music and tour around the globe. He usually plays what might at first seem greueling (as any DJ will tell you) all-night sets, but it is essential in his attempt to create a unified party consciousness.

"Since the beginning of time mankind has used music and dance to commune with the Spirit of Nature and the Spirit of the Universe... We are trying to use trance music and the Trance Dance Experience to set off a chain reaction in Consciousness. Through the Trance Dance Experience hopefully people will become more sensitive and aware of themselves, their surroundings, the crossroads of humanity, and the needs of the planet... With this Awareness comes Understanding and Compassion… THAT is the need of the hour, and the true Goa State of Mind." - Goa Gil (REMIX Magazine, 2002)

Discography
KODE IV - insane 1992
KODE IV - dissolve 1993
KODE IV - faust 1993
KODE IV - Silicon Civilisation 1994
KODE IV - Near to the Divine/Fearless Remixes 1995
KODE IV - Best of KODE IV/Compilation 1995
Spiritual Trance 1995
Spiritual Trance Vol. 2 1996
Kosmokrator - Deck Wizards 1997
Goa Gil - Ceiba - KODE IV at Burning Man 1997 1998
Forest of the Saints 1998
Forest of the Saints - Sony/India Version 1999
Cyber Baba 2000 - Phonokol Records 2000
Towards the one - BNE Records 2003
Karmageddon - Avatar 2005

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.