1. You've got to love what you do. I don't care what you do... There's got to be something... You got to find that thing inside that industry and love it.

  • To be a winner you've got to think like a winner, act like a winner, live like a winner. You can never think about the losing position. Winning is an attitude. You may lose the battle, but you won't lose the war. You have to think like a winner. You gotta walk like a winner, talk like a winner. Everything is up up up up.
  • The support of your spouse can be absolutely key to your success. It's not nessecary, but it's key. If you don't have it, it's alright, but you'll work harder.
  • Always have a prenuptial agreement. It's just life. (The only regret I have from the past twenty years is) I didn't do my marriages right... I gotta tell you something- I've grown up. This is my last marriage. I will make this marriage work. There's nothing more important than this marriage. If you're going to be wealthy, you have to have a prenuptial agreement.
  • Attract the best people and get the best advice. Look for a track record.
  • Go with your gut- Surround yourself with the best people and the best advice, but when it comes down to it, the leader uses his gut. You know inside. You got to be careful not to get too many councelors on the outside who've got other agendas.
  • Be lucky- You want to know what lucky is? Lucky is available. Lucky is show up. Lucky is be there. The harder I work the luckier I get.
  • Be paranoid- People will hurt you especially if you go too far out of their sights. Paranoid, not in a negative sense of paranoid... If you think something's going to happen then use your head- that's that gut thing.
  • Get even- If someone screws you, screw them back 15 times harder. Don't ever stop, you're doing everyone else a service. Business is business, you need to make sure you play the game so that people understand that you're serious.
  • Stay focused- Keep the main thing the main thing. Where the focus goes the energy flows and the results show.
  • Keep your momentum- Don't lose it or you start all over.
  • Never EVER quit. You want to know the difference between the big and the small? It's one word. Hard work is the beginning of success. The key is relentlessness.

  • Source: Donald Trump speaking at a wealth creation seminar, April 2005.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.