The effeminate mustachioed archer from She-ra. He was the lamest of all the She-Ra action figures; his special action was a heart that would light up. (Interestingly, the button on his side that accomplished this is in the same place as Data's off switch..) Aww, the power of love. Barf.

BO (also B.O.) is an abbreviation for body odor, and refers mainly to objectionable odors from the armpits.

When the film channel HBO debuted on cable TV, kids asked each other "Do you have HBO?", and if the answer was yes, gleefully screamed "You've got horrible body odor and you admit it!"

The letters BO are also the initials of yours truly, which is why I often use my full initials, BAO.

Bo is the Codename For Debian GNU/Linux stable release 1.3. It's named after a character from Toy Story, like all other Debian codenames.

One of the main characters from Capcom's Breath of Fire CRPG.

Bo is an anthropomorphic wolf, and as such, along with the dragon-morphing lead character Ryu, one of my favorites. =)

Bo is a member of the Hunting Tribe. He wears woodsman outfit and uses bow and arrows as his primary weapon. In addition to using them masterfully in combat, he is also able to hunt outside of the battle. Also, since Bo is an experienced woodsman, when Bo leads the group, you are able to walk through the forest areas. Bo is also capable of using offensive magic, which makes him even more capable fighter.

Bo's tribe had to pull back from their woodland home shortly before the game began, due to the attack of the Dark Dragon Clan. Bo joins Ruy's company as they're unraveling some odd schemes and mysteries in forests near the beginning of the game...

Source: Breath of Fire manual and the game itself.

Short for hobo, as used by the hobos themselves. Not exactly popular in the last few decades, but frequently appears in Depression-era books and movies.

In the eastern martial arts, the bo is typically a wooden staff between one to two inches in diameter and between five and six feet in length. Length is determined by physical stature (height) and preference of the user. Also, the type of wood will be chosen according to the user's preferences in weight and hardness.

Historians have found the earliest records of such a weapon being used for self-defense residing in China where it was mostly used as a tool to carry grains or water by balancing the loads in buckets on either end of the staff and then putting the staff across the back.

In the martial arts, there is a brain-numbing plethora of techniques for using the bo. Many consider its primary uses to be defensive because of the staff's obvious parrying applications and tendency to render opponents unconscious instead of killing them. However, the bo does have as many offensive applications as it does defensive. A trained user can easily generate enough force to deal a skull-crushing blow, prevent the enemy from ever procreating, or penetrate a bad guy's head through the temple.

The bo is often the first weapon taught to martial artists because its techniques tend to apply to almost all weapon forms. Also, it doesn't take much training to become proficient with a staff. Mastery, however, requires years of dedicated training.

Bo (?), interj. [Cf. W. bw, an interj. of threatening or frightening; n., terror, fear, dread.]

An exclamation used to startle or frighten.

[Spelt also boh and boo.]

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.