My personal ritual.
1) make a large mug of herbal tea. Make sure it's caffeine free.
2) straighten up a bit. This means making the bed, putting a little febreze on the blankets and pillows, and picking up any miscellaneous crap that's gathered through the day.
3) have something mild to eat, a light healthy snack. I normally choose fruits or a slice of cinnamon toast.
4) drink tea, slowly.
5) have meds melatonan, etc.
6) kneel at foot of bed, say quick prayer.
7) crawl into your nest, being sure to get comfortable.
If like me you use a white noise maker, a cd and/or screen reader, turn them on at this time.
note: warm milk also works reasonably well when combined with melatonan. It's a hell of a supplement, perfect for when you've yet again screwed up your days and nights and college starts in a week.