If any of the people in this writeup don't want to be mentioned in this writeup, let me know. Thanks.
I began archiving messages sent to me on October 28, 2003. I'm not sure how many I got up to that point, or why I decided to archive on that date. I think it was because I received a mentee the day before (hi, no_one!)
I deliberately didn't keep usergroup messages, or messages from Cool Man Eddie, or error messages from root, or anything else. Just plain old messages sent to me from another noder.
On April 8, 2006, I looked and saw I had 6666 messages archived. I decided enough was enough, time to delete the bulk, keep the best, and begin anew.
Here is some pointless data about the messages I've archived:
Top Ten Number of Messages Sent By A Single Noder
- Lometa (88)
- TenMinJoe (91)
- mauler (93)
- dem bones (106)
- Swap (115)
- wertperch (117)
- briglass (118)
- Cletus the Foetus (123)
- allseeingeye (135)
- N-Wing (141)
And Everyone Else Who Sent Me 50 or More
anthropod - dannye - Excalibre - Halspal - jessicapierce - Jet-Poop - JohnnyGoodyear - Lord Brawl - panamaus - rootbeer277 - TheDeadGuy - themanwho - Wiccanpiper
Some Stats On My Messages:
- Number of different users who messaged me: 873 (A lot higher than I thought!)
- Number of times jp used the word "dude" and/or "dood": 9 (also, 1 "d00D")
- Number of times people thanked me for something: 711 (No, seriously - thank all of you for this awesome site.)
- Number of conversations involving coding changes: 176
- Number of conversations involving complaining about coding changes: 66
- Number of conversations involving complaining about editing policies: 29
- Number of conversations involving Godwin's Law: 2
- Number of conversations involving Transformers: 3
- Number of people who thought I was a girl: 6 (... and one insisted!)
- Number of people asking when there would be a third installment of my College Jeopardy experiences: 39
- Number of people complimenting my wife in my picture of us together: 17
- Number of people complimenting me in my picture of us together: 1 (sort of)
- Number of people whose 2004 zombie daylogs were entirely true (except for the zombie parts): 7
My Top Ten Favorite Messages (Except One (See Below) )
- Ouroboros says Put me on the sextrain to Aunt-Tart-ica!
- allseeingeye says sounds like Halspal. He's full of zen crap like that.
- icicle says i think i'm going to cry. or just, you know, eat your brains.
- FireBanshee says so what is a good XP whore strategy? does one exist that benefits both user and the database?
- Zucha says behold my sundry, eggy saucology.
- Baron von Love Sexy says I am taking a beating, my god...NOT IN THE FACE
- Jet-Poop says HULK THANK PUNY AGGIE FOR CHING! HULK NOT SMASH PUNY AGGIE THIS TIME! BUT SOON, HULK *WILL* SMASH PUNY AGGIE WHILE TELLING AGGIE JOKES! HULK LOVE AGGIE JOKES! ;)
- kerawall says re Ghosts I have known: My grandmother's memory has been rapidly reclining as of late. This made me cry but I needed to read it. Thank you.
- Wiccanpiper says When we met, QB sez to me: "I'm a conservative Baptist of my own accord." I said: "We shall have fun then." in my best Queen Mother voice.
And A Random Smattering of Messages I'm keeping
On Being An Admin
From the now-that's-a-double-entendre dept.
On testing the waters as a new admin:
grundoon says Oh, go for it, pull a few knobs off, I have a set of pliers.
From the leave-the-gun-take-the-cannoli dept.
Scriblerus says As long as you people keep the horseheads out of my bed, I'm happy.
From the makes-a-great-bumper-sticker dept.
jessicapierce says Our staff motto should be "be as kind and helpful as you can, but know that some people are still going to bug the fuck out."
From the richard-nixon-school-of-governance dept.
Halspal says When did you set up the group? bones asked me to talk to you a few days ago but I drink.
From the mua-ha-ha-ha-ha dept.
allseeingeye says Freed from the last fear that held him, K ran wild in the streets, raining terrible joy on the masses....
From the just-to-watch-him-die dept.
dem bones says Just wait until you introduce a major code change to the database. The users are going to sound like you shot their fucking dog.
dem bones says And I've shot their dogs, so I know what I'm talking about.
From the you-noders-fucking-suck dept.
dem bones says I sincerely doubt it - but now we're just talking about *that* node and not 'nodes like that.' That one sucks, I'm pretty sure. You get surer every year.
From the pretty-much-sums-it-up dept.
Cletus the Foetus says Hahahahahah "policy". You crack me up.
On Being A Writer
From the thanks,-but-TMI-dept.
dem bones says re sea worm: Now I'm all turned on.
From the damning-with-faint-praise dept.
Gartogg says re Gone in Sixty Seconds - Theatre Quest Entries: some neat ideas...not particularly original,though
From the obscenely-profane-compliments dept.
loquacious says re tree rings: Why the shitcock did some fuckass downvote this? Are they stupid? Were they just expecting some fantastic story or some shit? THAT MAKES ME ANGRY. *SMASH* I'LL FUCKIN' KILL'EM WITH MY BARE FUCKING HANDS AND FUCK THEIR CORPSE TO JELLY
On Being A Noder
From the wanna-fight-about-it? dept.
Excalibre says It's up, but I want to make it clear that I _only_ post for XP love
From the suicide-by-committee dept.
briglass says ha, but if someone commits suicide because of a low rep writeup, say +3/-15, that's 15 of us to spread the blame around, which I can handle.
briglass says but watch out for potential dayloggers withdependent personality disoder. one "perceived abandonment" can push them over the edge. +15/-1 is all it takes, kyle.
From the node-linked-to-all-others dept.
Timeshredder says I can't believe it took 'til now for it to be linked to Mr. T ate my balls.
From the yes,-don't-we-all? dept.
Palpz says I heart boobs
From the e2-staff-benefits-package dept.
Mr. Hotel says finally i can start drawing unemployment. hooker-and-ginville, here i come.
From the why-tmj-is-still-single dept.
TenMinJoe says The really sad thing is that I enjoy tinkering with Myth's setup more than I enjoy watching TV.)
From the no-mr-bond-i-expect-you-to-die dept.
jessicapierce says now is that any way for an arch enemy to behave?
From the was-it-ever-really-not-obsolete? dept.
AlbinoRaven says please kill my physics gang sign post, it is obselete
From the way-out-in-leftfield dept.
ac_hyper says Goat juice. It will change your life.
From the keeping-up-with-the-joneses dept.
dannye says That's cause you've got such a high-dollar movie screen monitor that nothing could outsize it, asshole.
From the lamentations-of-their-women dept.
haze saysI beg a thousand pardons for my importunity upon your greatness
From the michigan-snowflake-special dept.
dem bones says heroin is perfection itself.
dem bones says Since we're talking about heroin do you have any heroin I could have?
From the bullshitting-the-bullshitter dept.
themanwho says scrap whatever part of that message where I claim to be trying to do art. I have never done anything "artistic" in my life. I'm just having fun.
From the noone-is-smarter-than-allseeingeye dept.
TheDeadGuy says I am so NOT evil it isn't funny. I'm smarter than evil.
And finally, my all-time favorite message, a message from my good friend and wise leader Ryan. I'm not sure whether it was a warning or a wish at the time, but with every passing day I have come to believe in its power and truth:
dem bones says The real fun is yet to come. The people that believe the really crazy shit haven't got PC's yet.